SpywareGuard: Real-Time deactivates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by NYScott, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYScott

NYScott Registered Member

Hello, All:

I began this post in:

"Browser Hijacks and Spyware Problems > adware, spyware & hijack cleaning"

with the same title.

At work, we have a PC that was loaded with Spyware; the user downloaded a Search Bar program, and, of course, it was rotten...

I'm not certain, but I think I have it cleaned up now, HOWEVER, there's a lingering problem with Spyware Guard and SpywareBlaster:

Upon startup, SG causes an "Installing Microsoft Office Pro 2003" dialog box. I though that was a seperate issue, and figured I'd deal with it later. However, when I took SG out of the startup folder, I no longer got the 'Installing' dialog box upon startups.

I then uninstalled SG, downloaded it again, reinstalled it, and had it run right after installing. Immediately, the "Installing MS Office" dialog box came up. When it finished, SG opened up, but with Real-Time disabled.

ALSO, I did the same thing with SpywareBlaster: uninstalled, then downloaded & reinstalled. I had it run right after installation, and that, too, brought up the "Installing MS Office" dialog box....

Anyone have any idea what this is all about? I have both of those programs on my home & work PCs, and have never had a problem.

Thanks!!
    -s

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

possible fix: maybe reinstall Visual Basic runtime files? im sure ms would use them

click the link in my signature "Spyware blaster troubleshooting Tips & Tricks"

run adaware and spybot 1.3 2 clear your pc of spyware, cuz spyware blaster wont do much if your infested, it will prevent dialers and such from appearing, but it doesnt clean, it only protects

hope it helps, good luck

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. MCT

MCT Registered Member

ive seen that problem b4 too, but when u install 1 MS thing, the error goes to the next MS thing, be it MS Journal viewer, or what have u, i think this is caused from a missing file :S

5. NYScott

NYScott Registered Member

Thank you to all who have helped! I decided to re-ghost the PC rather than continue to pick away at it... I wish I had done that from the beginning! :rolleyes:

-Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.