SpywareGuard Problems with final installation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nicoline, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicoline

nicoline Registered Member

Hello Wilders Security Forum,

I hope, you can help me.

I have just recently downloaded and installed the latest full version of Spywareguard 2.2 on a computer with XP Home. But I can't open the program's shortcut on the desktop. And the SG Icon is installed on the tray next to the Time-show, but it disappears again, when the computer has been shut down and started up again.

But very strangely: when I click on the program's shortcut on the desktop, the SG icon on the tray appears and from here I can open the program. It seems to work, everything is enabled and I can also update.

By the way: the shortcut for the update functions on the desktop.

Can I do anything to make the SG icon stay on the tray and get to open the program from the shortcut on the desktop?

The computer also has Norton Antivirus, Microsoft Antispyware, ZoneAlarm, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Ewido Security Suite and Spywareblaster.

I have followed a detailed manual during the installation and have also tried to uinstall and install again. Furthermore I have tried to install the minimal version, but the same thing happens. And finally I have just run the program and not installed the shortcut on the desktop, but still the SG icon on the tray disappears.

Kind regards
    nicoline

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. nicoline

nicoline Registered Member

Hello again,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, it helps in the way that now I know nothing is wrong with my computer which I thought in the first place. I have talked to Acer's support and they have no knowledge of XP suppressing icons in the systray.

I don't know, if this is the right place to suggest this, but I think, it would be a good idea, if the configuration of the program was changed.

1) that you could open the program from its shortcut on the desktop.

2) that the program's uninstallation file was able to delete all items from the computer. It screws up the registry key, when you have to delete some files manually. I ran Regsupreme right after uninstallation/reinstallation, so I know it does.

3) that the tray icon stays in the systray after shutting down and starting up again. If you haven't chosen the shortcut for the desktop, then you don't have easy access to the program as you have with all other programs. And I have never seen before that first you have to click the program's shortcut (which doesn't open up the program) to place the icon in the systray. And then you have to click this icon to open the program.

I hope to hear from you again.

Kind regards
    nicoline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.