spywareguard problem (msnerd)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by msnerd, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msnerd

msnerd Registered Member

Re: spywareguard

In an earlier message I told how I had downloaded, installed, and run SpywareBlaster on my wife's computer, but when I downloaded, installed, and tried to run it on my (Coolweb-infested) computer, I got this error message: ""The program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

Well, I just now downloaded, installed, and "ran" SpywareGuard on my computer, and I got this message after trying different menu choices:

"SpywareGuard Protection
    Error reading SpywareGuard Definitions! The file may be corrupt, or another program may have tampered with them.
    Run LiveUpdate to download the latest SpywareGuard definitions. This message will only appear when you try to start covered file types unless you disable protection on the SpywareGuard Control Panel."

I am not sure LiveUpdate is working properly, however. I click on "LiveUpdate" and then "Next." The progress bar fills in from left to right ... and then ... nothing. I click on "Exit," but nothing happens. ("Next" is now greyed out.) I can get rid of the LiveUpdate window only by clicking on the "x" in the top right corner. Is that normal behavior? The definitions are from 8/30/03 and even then the file is reportedly corrupt.

Any advice or work-arounds? (I'm running Windows XP Pro, if that makes any difference.)

msnerd

P.S. Thank you for your efforts to combat spyware/scumware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.