SpyWareGuard new ver., crash, update, etc.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by SG1, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

To: JavaCool, and/or The Wilders Gang,

(1)
    Did update soon as I saw mention of it; followed your notes re uninstall of old ver., rebooted and first had Window Washer shut down (I think it was, some msg. about WashIDX not working). Then tried Live Update, or had to try several times for it; then after its orig. install, one item for protection had become unchecked...
    Then rebooting again, another problem arose (which I'd posted elsewhere on Wilders), about Registry needing to be restored, and to reboot, and then the cycle kept that up, until I restored certain files from backup, to C\Win DIR.

{I'm *not saying that latter problem had to do with your program* - but rather, that the Restore/Reboot... repeat thing arises now & then on this PC and I'd like to know what's up with that in general, of course} o_O.

(2) Sr. member of this forum once told me that one could run Spywareguard, for protection but one did not have to run Spywareblaster at same time; yet Javacool said on dslreports site, that Spywareblaster >>> should be<<< running in background, in order for Spywareguard to offer max. protection(?) I'm bit confused now, on that(?)

Thanks for help/info, SG1 (Pat)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

My wording may have been a bit off.

I meant that you should use both SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster for full protection (that would mean, of course, that SpywareGuard would remain running in the background to provide its protection, and that you could just "set and forget" SpywareBlaster).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.