SpywareGuard blocks PDF-forms

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mickel, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickel

mickel Guest

Hi there

I recently (app. one week ago) installed SpywareGuard 2.2.0 .

After a thorough search I've found out that SpywareGuard was the rascal that prevented me from opening PDF-forms with Adobe Acrobat Reader from MS IExplorer. I didn't get a message from SpywareGuard. - Just a Windows error message saying "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And then IE and Acrobat Reader shuts down.

Since the form worked with Mozilla, I suspected that the problem was on my computer rather than the web site. I made it work in IE by disabling "SpywareGuardDLBLOCK.CBrowserHelper" in Tools -> Manage Add-ons.

I've tried to look for somewhere in the setup, where I can make SpywareGuard approve of forms (e.g. just from this specific web site), but no such luck. Does anyone know how to tell SpywareGuard not to block innocent PDF-forms?

Btw: I'm a bit disappointed that I din't get a message directly from SpywareGuard, now that I've checked "Alert and prompt me for action" in Options -> Download Protection Configuration.

SpywareGuard has not saved anything in Reports.

Best regards

- Mickel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.