SpywareGuard blocks PDF-forms

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mickel, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickel

mickel Registered Member

Hi there

I recently (app. one week ago) installed SpywareGuard 2.2.0 .

After a thorough search I've found out that SpywareGuard was the rascal that prevented me from opening PDF-forms with Adobe Acrobat Reader from MS IExplorer. I didn't get a message from SpywareGuard. - Just a Windows error message saying "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And then IE and Acrobat Reader shuts down.

Since the form worked with Mozilla, I suspected that the problem was on my computer rather than the web site. I made it work in IE by disabling "SpywareGuardDLBLOCK.CBrowserHelper" in Tools -> Manage Add-ons.

I've tried to look for somewhere in the setup, where I can make SpywareGuard approve of forms (e.g. just from this specific web site), but no such luck. Does anyone know how to tell SpywareGuard not to block innocent PDF-forms?

Btw: I'm a bit disappointed that I din't get a message directly from SpywareGuard, now that I've checked "Alert and prompt me for action" in Options -> Download Protection Configuration.

SpywareGuard has not saved anything in Reports.

Best regards

- Mickel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.