SpywareGuard 2.0

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Vietnam Vet, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

After installing the 2.0 version of SpywareGuard, I ran the update. When I clicked next to start the update procedure, two things happened. It went through the update procedure, saying it was downloading updates dated for the 17th and completed successfully. At the same time a second window with a warning message informed me that the definition files were missing or corrupted and that Live Update would be started automatically. This window opened underneath the original update window. After allowing the original update to finish, I clicked OK on the warning window which started the update procedure again, which informed me that the definitions were up to date. After finishing the procedure, noted the definitions date was still the 16th. After closing the interface window and reopening, definition date is now 17th. Any subsequent runs of Live Update behave normally with the up to date message.

Do I have something to worry about or was this just growing pains? Running Win98SE, IE6.0SP1, all updates applied except the q813489 update. TIA.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

This is a known bug, and will be fixed in SpywareGuard 2.1 (to be released shortly).

It is harmless, and you can safely ignore it until SpywareGuard 2.1 is released. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

OK, thanks javacool. Appreciate the fast response and love the programs.

4. crubok

crubok Guest

I had the same thing happen, but I also got the error code "run time error 339" (missing or corrupt file). I updated the 2 ms files required. Still get error.

5. javacool

What file does it specifiy in the run time 339 error?

If it is MSCOMCTL.OCX, please download an installer for it at www.javacoolsoftware.com/missingfilesetup.exe

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. crukok

crukok Guest

It just say missing or corrupt file...run time error 339.
    I already downloaded and installed the 2 ms files

7. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I had several problems uninstalling v1.1 in Windows ME. I disabled SG and then went to add/remove programs and removed it (I thought). I rebooted and the SG icon showed up in the taskbar. I deleted the icon, then went to Windows explorer and deleted the SG folder and then rebooted again. Got an error that stated that SpyWareGuard Control Panel.lnk could not be found. Went back to Windows explorer/ Windows/Start Menu and deleted the SG folder........rebooted and got same error. Did a search for *.lnk and deleted what I thought might be causing the error......rebooted and didn't get the error. Installed SG 2.0 and it went fine. Started SG LiveUpdate and it found 5/17 files and downloaded and then I got the error that y'all are talking about. Ran LU again and it said I was up to date. Rebooted and no longer get the error and v2.0 control panel shows updated as of 5/17. Go figureo_O? In conclusion, I'd like to say that these minor steps are well worth it in order to get Javacool's programs and I believe that he is one of the best contributors of privacy programs to the online community.

8. javacool

When does this error occur? What steps do you go through to reproduce it?

TIA.

-Javacool

9. javacool

My apologies for the issues you encountered uninstall the old SpywareGuard 1.1. The uninstallation process for 2.0 is greatly improved, trust me. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. crubok

crubok Guest

Sorry I wasn't move specific.

When I try to end spywareGuard (Sgmain) by clicking "end task" from running tasks, I first get the prompt: are you sure you want to terminate spywareguard?
    I then click- Yes
    Then an error box pops up saying "component or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
    The spywareguard end task pop up shows and I click "end task"

11. javacool

Does this error also occur when you use File>Exit in the SpywareGuard main interface? (Double-click the red SG icon in the system tray).

TIA.

-Javacool

12. crubok

crubok Guest

No ......that works ok

I used version 1.1(?) .....no problem and I have spywareblaster...... maybe I just had a bad download or installo_O??
    Never had any trouble with any other javacool apps before

13. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

No problem really. The programs you've created are well worth the minor issues encountered sometimes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.