Spywaregaurd

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Shane, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Registered Member

I can't get spywaregaurd to update using the live update button. I get an error that say's there was an error getting the update information file from the server The server maybe temporarily unavailable, or there may be a conflict with my firewall or the file may have been corrupted during download. My firewall is set to let spywaregaurd acsess the internet. So I have know idea what the problem could be. This has been going on for a week now. I have version 2.2.0 :'( Can someone help?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The server has been experiencing some problems.

Can you access http://www.javacoolsoftware.com? If you get a "page cannot be displayed" error, or any other sort of connection error ("site cannot be found" or a search box), you'll have to wait until your Internet Service Provider updates their DNS information for the website.

If you can access the webpage, then it is probably a firewall-related issue. What firewall are you using?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

I can go to your website but cant update. Then switched of my FW but again no update.
    Greetings,

Gerard

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Please try the manual updating method posted here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=25749

It should get you up-to-date correctly. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Shane

Shane Registered Member

I use Zone Alarm. Now it's working again. Must of been server problems. Thank again for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.