SpywareCookie / Hotmail not opening

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by danydrake, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danydrake

danydrake Registered Member

I got this spywarecookie called "Avenue A Inc" located im my "C:\Documents and Settings\dany-d\Cookies\dany-d@atdmt[2].txt" I keep deleting it with Spyware Doctor and Spy Cleaner Gold but when I check my Hotmail through MSN messenger or directly it keeps on coming and add above that my hotmail doesn't open and I have a blank page with this in the URL line "https://loginnet.passport.com/ppsecure/md5auth.srf?lc=1033"

Please someone help me to clean this cookie and restore my settings to be able to open my hotmail.

Thanks

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

3. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hello danydrake :cool: ,
    Following on from Peaches suggestions, I think you should get Spybot - Search & Destroy as well...> http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html I'm not so sure about Ad-Aware (Peaches seems sure of its abilities to detect and remove it), but I happen to know, that Spybot does detect Avenue A Inc also, and in your case, hopefully remove it safely...oh, 1 other thing, in the past, especially when visiting my Hotmail or any other MSN relations, Spybot's IE Resident (which blocks bad downloads in IE), would continuously pop-up, alerting me of Avenue A Inc, and asking me if I wanted to allow this bad download to lurk around while I was browsing, out of instinct, I sed 'no'. <(just thought i'd tell you that little story!! :D )

Regards,
    LJM

P.S: In case your still wondering, that program mentioned obove 'Spybot - S&D' iz FREE!!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  4. danydrake

danydrake Registered Member

Thanks I tried what your way both of you and I cleaned and removed many spyware but still I have the same problem :(

5. Down_Under

Down_Under Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.