SpywareBlaster + windows defender,kaspersky antivirus,outpost firewall,spyware doctor

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kingpin, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingpin

kingpin Registered Member

In my pc I have windows defender, kaspersky antivirus, outpost firewall, spyware doctor.

Can I install Spyware Blaster without any incompatibility?

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster + windows defender,kaspersky antivirus,outpost firewall,spyware do

Hey King: I don't represent any company, just a user guy like most.. so there you go.
    you asked
    "In my pc I have windows defender, kaspersky antivirus, outpost firewall, spyware doctor. Can I install Spyware Blaster without any incompatibility?"

I had spyware doctor, windows defender happily working with spyware blaster.

I do have different AV (bitdefender), AMW (spy sweeper) and ZA Pro for firewall.

So, I'm 99% sure you are fine to put spybaster in.

Earlier I had spyware doctor demanding to be alone on my machine so I dumped it.

You could always just backup everything, make a restore point and then install Spyblaster. If that creates a huge issue, uninstall it and report your expereince back to the forum!

Good Luck

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To my knowledge Spyware Doctor would be the only one you would need to be cautious with. What I mean by that is both Spywareblaster and Spyware Doctor have IE ActiveX protection as at least one of their features. They both utilize the ActiveX kill-bit function which means their respective ActiveX database is added to the same registry location. There database does overlap with a number of the same entries. If you remove protection entries with one of the programs....you will be removing some of those same entries that the other program placed there. Other than that they are both compatible.

Bubba

4. kingpin

Re: SpywareBlaster + windows defender,kaspersky antivirus,outpost firewall,spyware do

thanks for the answers.

I use firefox and not IE.....so I think that IE ActiveX protection is not need in my situation, can I disable IE ActiveX protection for solve the problem or it is useful also in mozilla firefox?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you never wish to use IE then the only useful feature of SB that pertains would be the Mozilla\Firefox protection....which can be controlled by the browser itself just as effectively as another 3rd party program.

Bubba

6. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I would have thought SpywareBlaster was compatable with most AV and AS programs. Only one way to find out I guess! By the way, if i was you, I'l only use SpywareDoctor as an on-demand scanner, no real need of having both, Kaspersky and SpywareDoctor constantly running, waist of resources IMO, Kaspersky usualy does the job, just keep SpywareDoctor as a backup on-demand scanner.

7. kingpin

so you think that antivirus + firewall is enought? no need for antispyware costantly running?

8. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Agree, especialy if you got a good AV like Kaspersky. Just keep antispyware for on-demand scans once every few weeks or once a month. I only run KasperskyInternetSecurity (AV+Firewall) and it does the job, everytime I scan my PC for spyware using Ewido, SpybotS&D, Ad-Aware, SuperAS and Spyware doctor, it only finds TrackingCookies, nothing harmfull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.