SpywareBlaster w/ SpySweeper

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by openforsuggestions, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openforsuggestions

openforsuggestions Registered Member

I installed SB 3.5.1 (with 6/29/06 definitions update(s)) with SpySweeper 4.5.9 (Build 709) already installed. When I clicked to "Enable" the definition file, two or three SpySweeper windows appeared (at different times) each saying that for a particular spyware file that affects InternetExplorer, SpywareBlaster changed the settings -- and do want to accept the changes to the settings. Hence, I am wondering whether the two progs. function at full effectiveness with SB having its settings prevail over SpySweepers, or is the latter the more advanced in its spyware preventive measures.

Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you "clicked to "Enable" the definition file"....Spywareblaster was attempting to add it's Restricted Sites protection of sites to IE's Restricted Zone and Spysweeper was alerting you to that fact via it's IE Security Shield protection. In escence....they were fighting each other.

The below Spywareblaster Forum stickie should further help with what best to do concerning this matter.

This Forum stickie---> Having trouble setting the Restricted Sites protection in SpywareBlaster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.