SpywareBlaster vs Ad-Aware

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Yinda, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinda

Yinda Registered Member

Hi,

Bacause SpywareBlaster not only cleans existing spyware, but also prevents from installation, it is more complete than Ad-Aware. Also the scanning is much faster.

In that condition, why do you recommend to put Ad-Aware in the watch list of FileChecker?

My question is not malicious at all. I just want to know whether there is a reason to keep both.

Regards,

Yinda

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster does not clean existing spyware - it ONLY prevents it from being installed, and disables it if the spyware is already installed. Because of that, I strongly recommend that you still use a spyware cleaning program such as Ad-Aware or Spybot S & D.

The recommendation is there as an example (but with good reason - at one point, a malicious program tried to edit/remove the ad-aware executable). I also recommend adding Spybot S & D and any other spyware removal/protection programs you have (SpywareBlaster fits into this catagory also).

Hope this helps clear some things up. :)

Regards,

-Javacool

3. Yinda

Yinda Registered Member

Ok thanks.

I thought that existing spyware are cleaned because SpywareBlaster found some 40 items and, as you say, disabled them. But, after that, Ad-Aware found absolutely nothing.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The list of items is not items it has found, but items that you can protect your computer against. :)

Regards,

-Javacool

5. Yinda

Yinda Registered Member

What if the signature list of Ad-Aware is also covered by your database... ;)

Regards,

Yinda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.