SpywareBlaster v2.5 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It sounds like some DLL on your system is corrupted (what you are experiencing is certainly not normal behavior, and I haven't had any other reports of similar issues).

I'm surprised that you had problem immediately after trying to install the Visual Basic 6.0 SP5 run-time - perhaps that is one of the factors here.

It does sound like your system isn't liking the decryption process I use for the dtb files. I'm working on a new method that will hopefully prevent the issue on some Chinese and Japanese versions of Windows also, and if you can e-mail me at javacoolsoftware@hotmail.com with YOUR e-mail, I'll get back to you when that's ready. Since I can't duplicate the issues, I would appreciate your e-mail so I can send a version for you to test, eventually. :) (If you don't wish to do so, that is also fine.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

2. sylvander

sylvander Registered Member

I've sent my e-mail address to you at that address.

It may be worth knowing that I keep a clean, orderly, well protected system.
    The problem may be that it's too well protected.
    I have "SpywareGuard" running for example.
    Could that prevent certain modules running I wonder?

Would you understand the output from Filemon.exe & Regmon.exe if I sent them?
    Would that help?

3. Ali

Ali Guest

Help I'm so afraid! I'm not a programer or a computer whiz - just a gal trying to get her computer in a safe state.

I downloaded the new Splyblaster update v2.5.3 and it loaded over the old fine. But what do I do for all the RED listings? I rarely read the download promps - because I don't understand most of them anyway...(they should have a "Okay Fine Whatever" button for people like me)...but I did notice that one said something like "do not protect red".
    And the download main page didn't mention anything about this.

So, on v2.5.3 can I select them all (black and red/old and new) and then Protect against checked items?
    :D

Thank you so much,
    Ali

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ali,

That's the way ;)

regards.

paul

5. Ali

Ali Guest

Thank you - will do.

Also downloaded your SpyBot Search and Destroy and was
    thunderstruck at what it found.

You people are great!
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.