SpywareBlaster - Update Problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Stelz, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stelz

Stelz Registered Member

I've installed SpywareBlaster 2.6.1and it works great, except it will not allow me to update. The program logs onto the site, notices that there are two new updates (Oct. & Nov.). I click on the download button and the program states that it has successfully downloaded the updates, but the database information still reflects a 9/9/03 date and there are no additional "Red" items in the database list. I NEED HELP!

I've tried updating several times and it never works. Please advise.
    o_O
    Stelz

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

will it be very hard for you to reinstall it after uninstalling it...
    when you installed it first did not it give u any reds??
    the latest database is 11/9.. so its updated...

3. Stelz

Stelz Registered Member

Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion. I did uninstall & then reinstalled and the program to no avail. The program still would not update from the 9/9/03 database. Thus, I discovered a suggestion on this site re: a manual update. I downloaded the suggested database files and copied them to the Spyblaster file location. That worked and now the database reflects the latest update of 11/03.

Hopefully the update feature will work in the future.

Thanks again :rolleyes:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Stelz,

I'm glad you were able to get the update manually as a workaround to the problem.

A couple questions on your set up, not that I have any great ideas, but knowing your environment might help. What version of Windows are you runing? Is SpywareBlaster installed in the default folder location, that being "x:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\"? Do you use any special file or folder security tools or settings? Do you have local proxy software running, through which all your web communications go? Are you running the update from an Admin level account or a less privileged user ID?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.