Spywareblaster trouble

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by thebigcheeser, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigcheeser

thebigcheeser Registered Member

Hi,

I need some help... I have been using spywareblaster for a few weeks now and it has been working superbly, but as of yesterday it has just stopped working etc... I no longer have a "B" icon in the system tray and spyware and popups have returned.

I have twice uninstalled and reinstalled a new copy of the program, I have even deleted my cookie & cashe folders etc...

What is going on?

Thanks,
    Rudy.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi thebigcheeser,

Are you sure you mean Javacool's SpywareBlaster? You see, SpywareBlaster doesn't have an icon in the Systray. It's a program that you run just once a week or so, checking for updates and then closing it down. It does not run in the background or in the tray.

Take a look at this screen image. Is this the program you mean?

Also, SpywareBlaster isn't a pop-up killer. It blocks a long list of ActiveX spyware items, (by setting the kill-bits in the Windows registry), as well as some cookies in Internet Explorer v6, but not web based popup windows.

Can you give us a little more information of just what you're seeing?

Thanks,
    LowWaterMark

Attached Files:

3. Rudy

Rudy Guest

Thanks for responding,

Iam such a nerd!! I must have way too much on my mind... Yes this is the Spywareblaster Iam using and have been very pleased with etc...

Unfortunately I was mixing Spywarebalster with smart popup killer...

Im all good now... Thanks again!! :D

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

>> Im all good now... Thanks again!! :D

Not a problem at all !! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.