SpywareBlaster? SpywareGuard? What's the difference?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by UZ64, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UZ64

UZ64 Guest

I just heard about SpywareBlaster while using Spybot. Somewhere in the Spybot program it recommended SpywareBlaster as a good compliment and gave a link, so I tried it out. Well, that's all good - seems like a really good program - but what's the differerence in SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard? The descriptions are pretty vague, and I can't figure out what each one is meant to do. Are both worth using at the same time? All I can really tell is that one runs all the time in the tray and the other doesn't, and that they both have some sort of protection against spyware.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. UZ64

UZ64 Guest

Oh, ok, I see. So Guard is mainly an active scanner for files, and Blaster sets up a list of bad ActiveX programs. But how does the SpywareGuard stop spyware from being installed? I just formatted a few hours ago (my computer suddenly got in the worst shape it's ever been, with CoolWebSearch and errors galore...), and am kinda hesitating to actually go through any installations I know contain spyware just to see how it works. The furthest I went was to actually open the installers, and nothing happened - they opened like normal, it didn't catch them. Does it catch the files on the fly as they're being installed? Thanks for the help.

4. snowbound

5. UZ64

UZ64 Guest

Interesting... seems like something I should've had a long time ago, and perfect to go along with Ad-Aware and Spybot. It's clearer now. Again, thanks for the info.

6. snowbound

I have Ad-aware, Spybot, SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard and they all run great together. :)

Oh, and your welcome. ;)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.