SpywareBlaster & SpywareGuard dates of updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tigbroad, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigbroad

tigbroad Registered Member

I am having difficulty with SpywareGuard not downloading the latest update file. The message reads - " Error downloading Updates. There was an error downloading Updates. The last working definitions have been loaded from backups." - However the last date for these is 8/30/03 !!! How can I ensure that I have and can get the latest number of definitions.
    Also, SpywareBlaster appears to download the latest definitions but the date is still 4/7/04 with 2817 items in database.
    Can anyone help me please to get BOTH programmes up-to-date ?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. tigbroad

tigbroad Registered Member

Thanks Snowbound. I read and visited the second thread you posted above and reading through all of the replies I realised that I have an accelorator (compression) programme on called 'OnSpeed', so I disabled it and did the live updates for both Blaster and Guard and I am pleased to report that I now appear to be 'up-to-date' Blaster is dated 5/18/04 and Guard i dated 1/22/04 would these dates seem OK to you ?
    Thanks again for your help.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Those dates are right on. ;)

Anytime, glad u got it working. :)

snowbound

5. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Sorry for stepping in - is it just me or http://www.javacoolsoftware.com has been down for quite a few hours?

Been trying to check for SpywareGuard updates and getting an error. The site won't open either (on the contrary, all updates for SpywareBlaster, which are located at http://www.javacoolsoftware.net, are downloaded normally).

BS o_O

6. Jasper The Rasper

Jasper The Rasper Registered Member

I have been having the same problem since yesterday evening, just with spywareguard. Is the site down for some reason?

7. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Seems it just fixed itself. [​IMG]

I checked for SG updates a moment ago and got the normal "No updates available... etc" message. :)

BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.