spywareblaster resticted sites

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mathu, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathu

mathu Guest

Two restricted sites come back unchecked after surfing. They are cws @ xxxtoolbar. Does anyone know why this is is happening and how I can fix it. I'm new to the program. Thanks in advance for any help. Matt

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Are you running something else like Ad-aware or AOLs new Spyware Protection? They will both blow away the restricted site entry that SpywareBlaster put in your registry.

To fix the problem you have to determine what other software is deleting the XXXTOOLBAR entry and put it in that software’s ignore list. If the other software doesn’t have an ignore list either stop running it or go back to SpywareBlaster after you run it and do a Enable All Protection again.

Good Luck

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. mathu

mathu Guest

Thanks for the advice. I am using xoftspy and it keeps telling me I have cws, oslogo, and firstcash websearch. I will put them on the ignore list and see what happens. They don't show up on adaware or spybot. Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.