SpywareBlaster & PortableApps

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jwoods, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwoods

jwoods Registered Member

I've been using PortableApps recently on my laptops - at work & home - and I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround to make SpywareBlaster recognize Firefox in the PortableApps folder? Better yet, does anyone have any idea if SpywareBlaster will formally support FirefoxPortable in future SpywareBlaster versions? Thanks, J Woods

2. jwoods

jwoods Registered Member

nobody?

no one here at all uses portableapps? surely someone with some knowhow of the inner workings of spywareblaster might have a clue to at least a workaround for it to recognize firefox is being utilized without being installed? help!

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

To get the current version of SpywareBlaster to detect Firefox Portable, please see the instructions posted in the following thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=201990

You'll need to create the profiles.ini file (normally created by the regular version of Firefox) that SpywareBlaster uses to locate your profile(s).

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. jwoods

jwoods Registered Member

Hate to be a bother, but would anyone have any idea how to apply these great instructions in Vistao_O??

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed reply. :)

Under Windows Vista, the path you will want to use will be something like the following:

C:\Users\(Your User)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox

By default the AppData folder is hidden, so you may have to enter the path manually in Windows Explorer to access it (or enable viewing of hidden files/folders).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.