Spywareblaster not running after upgrading to autoupdate

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dick Dastardly, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Registered Member

Hi there,I'm a newbie of this forum with a "big" problem. I have a 4.1 version that suddenly close itself after starting (sometimes auto-freeze).
    This is happening after the upgrade to autoupdate function.
    Old 3.5.1 version instead,runs greatly but is not more updateable.

It seems that i haven't bought an "autoupdate" but an "autoclose":D

Can someone help me?
    Thankz.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

We haven't had any other reports of similar problems, so this may be due to another misbehaving security program on your system.

If you could please submit a SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate support ticket, we'd be happy to help investigate: https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/support/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
    (Please include your username on these forums and a link to this thread in your support ticket.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I subscribed to autoupdate but it has never worked. The only way I know that an update is available is through Wilders.

4. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Registered Member

Spywareblaster not running after upgrading to autoupdate *SOLVED*

Problem has solved!
    There were two Vista services disabled : "EventLog" and "Task Scheduler".

The cause is not clear,I have never used tweakers or optimizers for Vista .I suppose that the responsible was "OO Defrag" that I have used for a short time weeks ago and then uninstalled.
    I remember that after "OO Defrag uninstallation", the Microsoft default defrag utility has stopped working forcing me to use Defraggler SW instead.

Well, after the re-enabling of Eventlog and Task Scheduler, Microsoft defrag utility works again and Spywareblaster too!

Probably Spywareblaster with manual update did not require the Eventlog or/and Taskscheduler services that ,instead, are required if autoupdate is enabled.

Thanks a lot for you all.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.