SpywareBlaster not responding when updating

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Nick Worley, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Worley

Nick Worley Guest

I defragmented my hard drive yesterday. Before defragging I scanned my system using AVG Anti-Virus, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware, and according to those apps I was free of viruses and adware/malware.

Today I tried to update SpywareBlaster for the first time since defragging and the program wouldn't respond, so I had to end it. I thought the defragging process might possibly be the cause, or is it just a coincidence? Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled SpywareBlaster, but the problem persists.

Has anyone had a similar problem where SpywareBlaster stops responding when trying to download updates? What causes it? And more importantly how do I fix it?

I'm using XP.

Thanks
    Nick

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

It took me quite awhile for it to update yesterday, so long I thought it wasn`t responding too. However I did have that problem before and it did finally update...the same as yesterday. I don`t know if that`s your problem or not but...

3. Nick Worley

Nick Worley Guest

Thanks Mr Beetlejuice -- I left it for a while and in the end it did work.
    That's a weird one. I did Ctrl+Alt+Del and Windows was telling me that the program wasn't responding, but when I left it, the update downloaded in the end.
    That's weird - I've never come across anything like that before.
    Anyway it worked, so thanks.
    Regards
    Nick

4. beetlejuice69

Yeah like I said in my post it happened to me once before so I guess I kinda expected that. Anyway I`m glad you got it working OK.

5. Susan G.

Susan G. Guest

This post was really timely as I had the same thing occur today (program not responding); and I had removed v3.4, downloaded, and reinstalled it twice, and it still wasn't working! I tried the response you got (just letting it sit); and like yours, mine did finally update.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Besides the above mentioned comments by BJ....are any of ya'll using the latest version of SpySweeper. I personally know the download server or the net as whole has had hick-ups lately but I am curious about SpySweeper answer also.

7. beetlejuice69

Yeah bubba I am. I read yesterday to uncheck the security shield when updating? At least I think that was it.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks BJ,

It appears even at this moment in time from my location at least that the download server is very slow in responding. I purposely removed all 4 database files in order to attempt a new download and coffee was made before it finished....and that's using Maxwell House :eek:

That in itself causes Spywareblaster to become non-responsive sometimes :doubt:

9. graphic6

graphic6 Guest

HI this problem is happening not only to my spyblaster but my spyware doctor also could these problems be related. I update them at different times but during the update both say not responding, i hit control-alt-delete when this happens and end program but that doesn't work the programs wont end i do it several times but i end up eventually pushing the power button on my pc. is this problem similar to yours or were you able to end the program without cutting the power.

Please help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.