SpywareBLaster not in tray...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Scott, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott

Scott Guest

I'm also a little new so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not.

I d/l SPywareBlaster and followed the installation instructions. However, when I reboot it does not auto run. It does not show the icon in the tray, it is not in msconfig, and it does not show in task Master.

What the heck did I do wrong?

I set it to run minimized in the tray and saved the settings.

I'm running XP Pro.

This d/l and other measures are a result of getting IE hijacked and taking almost a week to straighten out SOME of it!! (Lost volume control, calculator etc.)

ANY HELP in these matters will be greatly appreciated - about SpywarteBlaster, security measures to take, how to get volume control back etc)

Thanks
    Scott

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Scott,

Actually, are you sure it was SpywareBlaster and not SpywareGuard? You see, SpywareBlaster doesn't run in the background and has no systray icon or any similar settings. The image attached below is the current version of SpywareBlaster.

Attached Files:

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Scott,

Can you also explain a bit more about your "loss" of calculator and volume control. I am not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks,

Dan

4. Scott

Scott Guest

I've been working some crazy hours and am a little punchy right now. Thanks for the replys - I'll check them out and get back to you, prehaps tomorrow

Scott : :doubt:

5. Scott

Scott Guest

Dan -

Thanks for the inquiry...I'm home on a dinner break...

When I click Start>Programs>Accessories instead of giving me a list of programs and subcategories, I get NOTHING! It is empty!

This hijacked IE homepasge apparently did more damage than I originally thought...

Any suggestions on how to fix??

Even more importantly... how do I prevent further occurances?

Thanks
    Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.