SpywareBlaster 'Movefile failed'?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cmac, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmac

cmac Registered Member

I just downloaded SpywareBlaster, and when I tried to install it I got a message stating that an error occurred while trying to rename a file. 'Movefile failed.... Code 5'. I clicked 'retry' as instructed and got same message. There was an unrecommended option to ignore file or else to abort installation. I clicked abort, but don't know where to go from here. Suggestions please. I don't have an older version of SpywareBlaster, so the file it was trying to rename must be part of another program?

Thanks, Chris

2. cmac

cmac Registered Member

Have just read some of the posts re. McAfee VirusScan, which I use. Could this be what's preventing my installation? I wasn't installing the autoupdate which seems to be the main file mentioned. Also I think I saw something re. SpyBot being affected in all of that. I've been using SB S&D which wasn't picked up as a problem in my VirusScan yesterday.
    Chris

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The auto-update program installs as part of the overall installation of SpywareBlaster, whether you intend to use it or not. So, this could be a case where Mcafee is blocking. But your's is just the first report here of a move file error while installing. Hopefully Mcafee will fix this with a replacement virus definitions update then you can retry the installation.

4. cmac

cmac Registered Member

All's well that ends well!!

I downloaded VS's latest update and was then able to install SpywareBlaster.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.