Spywareblaster Misc. IE Settings

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Raquel, Dec 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raquel

Raquel Guest

Hello,

I enabled the following setting:
    Disable the IE Home Page area in the Internet Tools Control Panel and that worked but I want to change it back to be enabled but it does not change back by deselecting the box.

I need the administrators on the PC to be able to access the Internet Tools Control Panel. What IE policy or regedit can I change or apply to re-enable this setting.

Any information greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Raquel

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It's a registry key that does this. See this thread regarding which one. SpywareBlaster does no more then set the key. You can change the value back, as shown in this thread or just remove that key entirely.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17397

Edit: Hang on a second... You said, "I need the administrators on the PC to be able to access the Internet Tools Control Panel. What IE policy or regedit can I change or apply to re-enable this setting." Can you explain this a little more? Are you saying that they can't go into IE > "Tools" menu > "Internet Options..." at all?

That is a different setting altogether, which is also described in the above linked thread. Spybot S&D has the ability to block that one. You must clear the value shown at the bottom of the Spybot image in that thread to re-enable access to Internet Options...

3. Raquel

Raquel Guest

Hello,

Yes, I was saying that they can't go into IE > "Tools" menu > "Internet Options..." at all?

I found the following registry key:
    HKey_Current_User\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restictions\NoBrowserOptions

Changed it's value from 1 to 0 and now the current user (administrator) can view the Inernet Options under the Tools menu.

Thanks for all your help - issue resolved.
    Happy Holidays,
    Raquel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.