SpywareBlaster Installation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lilmama, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilmama

lilmama Registered Member

New here. (Hey, I'm new *everywhere* ... so please go slooowly!). Keep getting the following: "'MSCOMCTL.OCX" cannot be found' . I use the Installer you suggest....it just doesn't seem to "accept" it! The "MSCOMCTL.OCX" message just keeps coming back at me! I am obviously doing something wrong ... will you help me? BTW: I have a Compaq laptop ... using Windows XP Home .. IE ... (probably not nearly enough info for you ... sorry.) And thanks in advance!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sometimes people have to follow the manual instructions using the cab file specified in this post:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169

Give that a try and see if that does it.

3. lilmama

Thanks for the information. Will give it a try this weekend when I have more time! And I *will* let you know how/if it works for me! Thanks again!

4. lilmama

I "finally" did it!!!! I may be old ... I may be slow .... but I am persistant! Woke up at 3 am ... realized what I was "continuing" to do wrong!! :rolleyes: I installed Blaster and Guard! Thanks for your help ---- and thanks for the programs!!!

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Glad it worked for ya and welcome to Wilders ;)

Be sure to have a good look around and ask away anywhere you like :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.