SpywareBlaster, IE8, ZoneMap Domains

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by StayHealthy95, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StayHealthy95

StayHealthy95 Registered Member

I am giving maintenance to Win 7 machine, SpywareBlaster and IE8 installed. All blocked items by SWB show in IE8 Restricted Sites and also in the registry in ZoneMap/Domains. The owner would like to get a clean slate and start over since all previous web browsing is visible. I tried 1: simply delete registry keys, they come back. 2: Turn off System Restore, uninstall completely SWB with Revo complete uninstall. Then the keys in Domains automatically disappeared but when SWB is reinstalled the keys came back which to me seems to indicate that SWB somehow reads from somewhere in the registry what spyware SWB has blocked in the past and then reinstalls them on IE8 restricted sites.
    Owner would like to keep SWB and IE8 but with clean history = permanently delete those keys/spyware references. Any ideas that might help?
    I am not a geek (yet) but eager to learn and understand.
    I have seen this same question on some other forums but never an answer that would give lasting results.
    Thank you for any ideas.
    StayHealthy95

2. StayHealthy95

StayHealthy95 Registered Member

I placed this same question on Microsoft forum but since a few days have passed and no answers on either site I have to assume that this can't be done. o_O Thank you for the opportunity to post.

3. pc exorcist

pc exorcist Registered Member

To remove all the sites listed in the Restricted Sites Zone

Download: DelDomains.inf - http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf Right-click and select: Save Target As
    To use: right-click and select: Install (no need to restart - there is no on-screen action)
    Note: This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone" and "Ranges" also. DelDomains was revised (01-16-05) to include the "Enhanced Security Configuration Zones" as some of these newer infections are targeting the "Enhanced" Zone.

Microsoft decided to group both Zones into the same registry key [duh!]
    To remove individual entries: Click "Sites", highlight the entry - Click Remove.
    Also new to IE 7/8 the "Reset Internet Explorer settings" will remove all sites in the Trusted and Restricted Zones
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.