SpywareBlaster Help

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Khan, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khan

Khan Registered Member

Hi there,
    While trying to run the SpywareBlaster program, an error message pops up:

Run-time error '-2147221504(80040000)':
    Incorrect size description in DES decryption

What do I have to do to have that fixedo_O

Many thanks!!!

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Khan,

Could you please follow the instructions listed here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169 and let us know if that solves it?

Regards,

Pieter

3. Khan

Khan Registered Member

Hi Pieter,
    Thanks for the quick reply... I've downloaded both zip files and installed the .inf as mentioned... But still I can't run the program... And the error message is the same...
    Is there something wrongo_O My NB is on Win2000...

Regards,
    Khan

4. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Khan,

Something is wrong, but we'll get there. It's just a method that has solved most of these errors in the past.
    Javacool will have to look at your case personally.
    You could try this in the meantime:
    Download and install the VB 6.0 SP5 run-times from Microsoft below:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe
    If that doesn't solve it either, you'll at least be fully up to date in that department as well. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

5. Khan

Khan Registered Member

Hi Pieter,
    I've done that even before I post this help message... Guess what, that didn't work either... :)

Anyway, I will wait patiently for the answer from Javacool...

Thanks!!!

Regards,
    Khan

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You have Windows 2000? If so, I have a few questions for you:

Are you attempting to run SpywareBlaster on an administrator account or a limited account?
    Does this message appear at the startup of SpywareBlaster?
    Is it a localized version of Windows 2000? If so, is it a Chinese or Japanese language version?

Could you please try the following:
    -Browse to the folder that you installed SpywareBlaster in.
    -Delete the following files: sbdatabase.dtb, sbinfo.dtb, ckdatabase.dtb
    -Attempt to start SpywareBlaster
    If SpywareBlaster starts, try using the Check for Updates utility to download the latest definitions. If you restart SpywareBlaster after downloading the definitions and you still get the same error, please post back here.

TIA.

-Javacool

7. Khan

Khan Registered Member

Hello Javacool,
    Yes, I am running on Win2000 Simplified Chinese Version... And I am running on Administrator's account... OK, here's the result...

When I deleted those three files as instructed, I can run the SpywareBlaster... Yet after I downloaded the new definition, THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE showed up...

And also when I enable the SpywareGuard, an error message constantly pops up everytime I run another application... The error message is:

==================================================

Error Reading SpywareGuard Definition! The file may be corrupt, or another program may have tampered with them.

Run LiveUpdate to download the latest SpywareGuard definitions. This message will appear every time you try to start covered file tipes unless you disable protection in the SpywareGuard Control Panel.

==================================================

I tried downloading the updates, the screen stops without showing any "download complete" message... So I guess the download was never finished...

Regards,
    Khan

8. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Khan,

Chinese version?
    Have a look at this thread: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=7834
    Looks familiar, doesn't it? :'(

Regards,

Pieter

9. Khan

Khan Registered Member

Hi Pieter,

Yeah, I guess users from different language do encounter problems... Looks like I will have to wait like all other Japanese fellows do...

Anyway, waiting is much better than no hope at all... :)

Thanks... You guys are good!!!

Regards,
    Khan

10. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Khan,

Thank you for your kind words. :)
    I hope Javacool figures out something to service the vast Chinese market soon.

Regards,

Pieter

11. javacool

Yes, the Chinese language version of Windows is probably the issue.

I'm not sure why this problem occurs, or why it only occurs sporadically (I know of at least a few people who have a Chinese language version of Windows XP that can use SpywareBlaster without any problems).

I am working on a solution however - but I need a little help from you, Khan. Could you please e-mail me at javacoolsoftware@hotmail.com with your e-mail address? I don't have a Chinese language version of Windows on hand, so when I come up with a potential solution, I'll need someone to test it for me.

TIA!

-Javacool

12. Pieter_Arntz

Hi javacool,

I remember when Adaware 6 was released there were people, with Windows versions in languages that write from right to left (Hebrew, Arabic) that had problems because AAW could not be minimized.
    Am I right in assuming that this is a similar problem?

Regards,

Pieter

13. javacool

Well yes, I do believe it deals with various differences in the Chinese and Japanese language sets vs. English, Spanish, German, etc.

I'm still not sure why some users do not have these problems when they do in fact use the Chinese and Japanese language versions of Windows. But in any case, I am working on a solution, and to repeat what I posted in the above (just to make sure it isn't overlooked!)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.