spywareblaster/guard vs spyblocker/stopper

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tony, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Has anyone compared the programs (free) spyware guard, spywareblaster against (purchase) spyblocker, spyware stopper.

I`d be interested in any opinions as i had never heard of spybloker until this evening after reading the spyware reviews on wilders.org security advisors web page. http://www.wilders.org/spyware.htm

2. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Whats this...no replies.....hmmmmmmm Ok, guess I'll offer my half of an opinion.

Tony....I am not so sure the programs mention should be compared.
    I used spyblocker years ago....it prevents certain "call-homes" an these days it uses a "pac" file.....someone else needs to explain that since I am outdated on it. Although I have several copies of spyblocker I don't use it.

Spyblaster I use....spyguard I tryed....but have other programs for such a purpose....I would use it otherwise.
    Consider that spyblaster and spyguard use no computer resources.
    spyblocker does.. cost can be considered.....intended purpose of the program. Firewalls such as Outpost can use the Agnis list which blocks alot of things..other firewall do also. "call home blocking"...an can block bad websites. A host file blocks....so you see Tony, the decision is really a personal one.....your needs..your experience, etc.

TheSnowGuy

3. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

Actually, SpywareBlaster doesn't use any resources but SpywareGuard does.

4. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Amerk5

Thanks for correcting....I was not awear spyguard used resources...an sure don't want to mis-inform anyone.

SnowGuy

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yeah SpywareGuard runs resident with heuristic protection on the hijack kinda stuff... But at least on my machine it's far from being a hog. I never notice the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.