Spywareblaster & ftp

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PL, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PL

PL Guest

I recently installed Spybot S&D, and then on their recommendation, Spywareblaster. After that, I have had trouble connecting to our unix server via ftp. Could this be related?
    I have since uninstalled both, and recreated my user account, but continue to have the same problem. If I login to my computer as administrator, I can access ftp.
    The message I get is "Connection closed by remort host"

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Since SpywareBlaster doesn't clean or remove anything from a system, it is fairly easy to figure out if it is the source of any problems you may run into. You do this by simply disabling it's protections, restarting the troubled application and see if the problem remains. (Please note that uninstalling SpywareBlaster does not, in and of itself, disable any of it's protections.)

To disable SpywareBlaster's protections: In its main screen press the "Deselect All" button, then "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items". At this point you'll see the protections clear and a confirmation box will popup. (The items will all stay unchecked and red-highlighted showing that all SpywareBlaster protections have been undone.)

[​IMG]

If after doing that you still have the problem, then it was not the ActiveX or Cookie protections of SpywareBlaster causing the problem.

If it's anything related to these programs, and it really doesn't sound like it should be, but maybe when cleaning spyware off your system with Spybot S&D, some form of nasty spyware was removed and took a piece of your networking capability with it. Spybot can make backups of the things it removes. You may want to look at that.

3. PL

PL Guest

Thanks. I did as you suggested and removed all protection from spywareblaster, but am still unable to access ftp. I guess I'll move on to see what i can do with spybot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.