SpywareBlaster error message

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ladridi, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladridi

ladridi Registered Member

I installed SpwareBlaster 3.1 about a week ago and it installed and ran fine.
    Yesterday, I attempted to open the program to check for updates, and received an error message:
    "The program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please re-install it."
    I uninstalled and re-installed several times and kept getting the same error message. I am currently running Norton to see if it finds anything, but I am not very hopeful.

I also run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and SpywareGuard, and none have been able to disable two persistent problems I am having. First, this annoying c1dcon popup that is somehow associated with Yahoo mail. Second, I have a frequent attempt to change my homepage etc., that SWG is able to stop at the time, but none of the programs seem able to remove.

Any advice on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

hi, goto the link in my signature, titled spyware blaster problems & FAQ's

3. maccmedia

maccmedia Registered Member

I installed SpywareBlaster a couple days ago and enabled protection. I am still getting tons of stuff to remove when I run Spybot and I get this error message when I log on to my XP account: Java Virtual Machine Launcher - could not find Main Class - which makes me think SpywareBlaster is not working. Can someone tell me what the error message means - and also since SpywareBlaster runs kinda in the background how do you know if it's working?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

4. sandrapinkoski

sandrapinkoski Registered Member

I have tried to download and use SpywareBlaster several times. When I download on one computer it works fine but on this one I continue to get the "cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version file MSVBVM60.LLL, error 1157.

I even downloaded the program they said that was not downloaded to enable spywareBlaster (Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0). That program downloaded successfully but SpywareBlaster still comes up with that same old error message.

Is there anywhere else I can go to find help for this?

Sandra

5. MCT

MCT Registered Member

try, uninstalling spyware blaster, & reinstalling the visual basic files, then installing spyware blaster again

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.