SpywareBlaster Error #9

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by flished_cat, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flished_cat

    flished_cat Guest

    Boy, v.2.0.2 was working great on WinXP Pro until this recent update, which it say's has d/l'ed successfully but hasn't. I lost the 144 kill bits and a reinstall gives the 109 back and works good until an update is tried at which point
    I get error #9 saying the script is out of reach or missplaced or something. Berserk0.
  2. javacool

    javacool BrightFort Moderator

    Feb 10, 2002
    Interesting - and you never experienced this issue before?

    Could you try manually copying the files from the two following addresses to your SpywareBlaster directory to see if the problem is resolved (if it is, we can then investigate what might be corrupting the downloads the program is receiving through the updater)?


    TIA. :)

  3. flished_cat

    flished_cat Guest

    This board is acting very strange on my pc. All kind of weird
    screens and I can't get here...and later, maybe I can. I'm
    beginning to wonder if it's security is under attack. Strange!

    I tried updating SpywareBlaster on another machine and the same thing happened.

    Just now, I tried again and received the update okay: 164
    kill bit entries.

    Could this site be under attack, or the apache server flipping
    out? Anyhow, I got the update now.
  4. flished_cat

    flished_cat Guest

    Hmmm, I spoke to soon. I did the update successfully on
    my Win98 box. But it won't do on my WinXP Pro. Everything
    worked great with the last 4 or 5 updates. SpywareBlaster
    finds the updates and says the d/l was a success and loading definitions. But it isn't. When I click to protect I get
    this "Exact" error: Run-time error #9: Subscript out of range.

    Reinstalling doesn't help. The file two links posted don't d/l
    but open. My SB directory has no .dtb files that I can copy
    and paste the contents to.
  5. flished_cat

    flished_cat Guest

    One more thing I just noticed: after trying the update and
    restarting SpywareBlaster all definitions are gone. Nothing
    listed on the left and no date. Completely empty. I ran update again and it finds them and does the same as I mentioned above. Nada...nothing. It not only doesn't update but wipes the slate clean.
  6. flawed_cat

    flawed_cat Registered Member

    Jan 29, 2003
    Ha ha, sorry for so many posts in a row.
    Early today I tried to update SpywareBlaster on this XP machine and it failed causing the above #9 problem. Then
    I tried to access this board and couldn't, got weird error screens. I thought it was going down. Anyhow, it appears
    the failed update knocked out the .dtb files. Uninstalling
    the program and reinstalling it didn't help. I just a few minutes ago copied the .dtb files from yet another XP setup and copied them to this machine and everything seems fine now. I don't know why they got knocked out in the first place...or why reinstalling and getting the original 109,
    and then trying to update again failed, but manually copying
    them from another pc to this SB directory fixed things up.

    whatta day :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.