SpywareBlaster does not detect Firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by paradisca1, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paradisca1

paradisca1 Registered Member

This has happened to me twice for no reason I can discern. Creating a new Firefox profile has not fixed my problem but a complete uninstall of Firefox has. By a complete uninstall I mean removing the Application Data folder (normally C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Mozilla). You might want to just move this folder so you have a backup...in any case the bookmarkbackups folder will be used to restore your bookmarks to the new profile so don't trash it. After uninstalling Firefox and removing the Application Data folder a reinstall will get SpywareBlaster working again. But you will have to reinstall your extentions as well as your bookmarks (go to Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Restore>Choose File and find the .json file you saved in the above mentioned bookmarkbackups folder).
    If anyone has found an easier solution, please post. This one took me 30 minutes.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

never had a problem with SB detecting Firefox but for backing up and restoring the latter, try maybe the mozbackup extension
    http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.