Spywareblaster denied!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Scopes, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scopes

Scopes Guest

I've having a problem. With spywareblaster.

I downloads and tried viruschasers. It detects spywareblaster.exe as a backdoor program. I ignored it. But now when i run spywareblaster, I get "file does not exist!"

Thinking that viruschaser is somehow denying access, i turned off everything, activeshield and whatnot rebooted.
    Still same problem.

I tried to uninstall spywareblaster, it refused to remove spywareblaster.exe. I couldnt manually delete it too.
    So in the end, i use viruschaser to scan for the file, and when the dialog options came on, i deleted the file.

I reboot, then tried to reinstall spywareblaster, I got this error message

c:\program files\spywareblaster

An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destinantion directory : Movefile failed; code 5

Accessed denied.

I tried it in various directories, same problems

Any ideas?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Scopes,

I'm not familiar with Viruschaser, so excuse me if this is a stupid question.
    Did it remove any files when it produced that false positive?

Maybe installing SpywareBlaster again into the same directory will solve the problem in that case.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Scopes

Scopes Guest

No, it just lists it, at the end of the scan it asks for permission to delete,ignore ,cure etc.

After exiting viruschaser , Windows commander still shows the files spywareblaster there. Virsuschaser's quartine bin is empty

That was the first thing i tried. No go. So i thought maybe something is preventing access to that directory.
    So i tried another directory.

It's driving me crazy, i'll checked none of it's [viruschasrer] components are running (checked win2k services , normal registry keys, startup folders, winit.sys etc], yet somehow spywareblaster cannot be installed anywhere... on the whole computer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.