SpywareBlaster constantly disabling all protections???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ReptileKen, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReptileKen

ReptileKen Registered Member

I'm using Firefox 3.0, Windows Firewall, Avira AntiVir, SB 4.1, and WinXP SP2. Never had any problems until recently. I went to update my protections for SB4.1, and then enabled all protections. Everything goes green, looks good, I exit out of SpywareBlaster and then reopen it, and everything is red, protections are all disabled.

I can do this over and over, and SB is always disabling all protections after an update, or even after just re-enabling all protections.

I don't get it. Please help! I love SpywareBlaster!

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

Did u try an uninstall-reinstall of SWB? Might help.

snowbound

3. ReptileKen

Hi snowbound,

You know, I would try that, except, for some reason, SB is not listed anywhere on my Add/Remove Programs list.

That doesn't sound right!

Any ideas?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Are you trying to run (and enable) SpywareBlaster on an Administrator-level account or a Limited/Standard user account?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. ReptileKen

Hi javacool,

I looked under my admin account, too. No listing on Add/Remove Programs for javacool or SB anywhere. Really odd. This is a first!

Is there an uninstall routine I can run outside of the Add/Remove Programs?

That aside, I did log in under admin and enabled all protections, that seems to be the cure. I was doing it under a normal user account, and that didn't work.

A few months back, I was told that making a seperate non-admin user account on my personal PC was a good idea to help keep the computer more secure, rather than always running it under admin. I guess I'm still getting used to it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Yes. U can uninstall by going into your SpywareBlaster folder and clicking on unins000.dat file.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.