SpywareBlaster constantly disabling all protections???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ReptileKen, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReptileKen

ReptileKen Registered Member

I'm using Firefox 3.0, Windows Firewall, Avira AntiVir, SB 4.1, and WinXP SP2. Never had any problems until recently. I went to update my protections for SB4.1, and then enabled all protections. Everything goes green, looks good, I exit out of SpywareBlaster and then reopen it, and everything is red, protections are all disabled.

I can do this over and over, and SB is always disabling all protections after an update, or even after just re-enabling all protections.

I don't get it. Please help! I love SpywareBlaster!

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

Did u try an uninstall-reinstall of SWB? Might help.

snowbound

3. ReptileKen

Hi snowbound,

You know, I would try that, except, for some reason, SB is not listed anywhere on my Add/Remove Programs list.

That doesn't sound right!

Any ideas?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Are you trying to run (and enable) SpywareBlaster on an Administrator-level account or a Limited/Standard user account?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. ReptileKen

Hi javacool,

I looked under my admin account, too. No listing on Add/Remove Programs for javacool or SB anywhere. Really odd. This is a first!

Is there an uninstall routine I can run outside of the Add/Remove Programs?

That aside, I did log in under admin and enabled all protections, that seems to be the cure. I was doing it under a normal user account, and that didn't work.

A few months back, I was told that making a seperate non-admin user account on my personal PC was a good idea to help keep the computer more secure, rather than always running it under admin. I guess I'm still getting used to it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Yes. U can uninstall by going into your SpywareBlaster folder and clicking on unins000.dat file.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.