SpywareBlaster Conflict with CounterSpy

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Fosterka, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fosterka

Fosterka Registered Member

Whenever SpywareBlaster adds restricted sites to my Windows Hosts file, CounterSpy insists that I authorize each entry individually!?

This is a royal pain because there are so many and each authorization requires two clicks, one on the lower right of the screen and one in the middle.

Of course, I COULD disable the CounterSpy host file monitor but then I'd never know if some other program modified my Windows Hosts file besides SpywareBlaster.

So I need a fix. Any ideas?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I assume you mean the Restricted Sites Zone, instead of the Hosts file? (SpywareBlaster doesn't add anything to the Windows Hosts file.)

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do - that's how part of SpywareBlaster's protection works. You might want to contact Sunbelt (the makers of CounterSpy) and see if they have a recommended solution.

You could also probably try disabling that protection temporarily, enabling SpywareBlaster, and re-enabling CounterSpy. Hopefully it will then just "accept" the changes SpywareBlaster has made, and won't ask you for every single one.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.