SpywareBlaster caused havoc on my system

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lawilson2, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawilson2

lawilson2 Registered Member

Let me preface this message by saying that I am a loyal SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard user. The problem I had is with the new 3.2 version of Blaster.

Yesterday morning, I awoke, not because of my alarm, but because of hearing the sound of the Windows XP music over and over. My computer was rebooting itself all night. I unplugged the network cable, which caused it to not reboot anymore, so I knew it was something having to do with the net connection. I ran the sasser utility, ran my latest Norton, ran Trojanhunter, nothing. I have a solid router and security software, so I didn't know what it was. Then, just this evening, I remembered that I had installed the latest version of Spywareblaster last night. I went in, uninstalled it, rebooted the machine, reconnected to the network, and no problem. I wanted to log this problem in case others have it. I don't know what glitch in it would cause it to reboot my system once it connected to my network, but fortunately I had my wireless laptop with me so I could get my work done online!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

There should be no part of SpywareBlaster that could cause the problems you described. Perhaps it's just a coincidence?

If possible, could you please try reinstalling SpywareBlaster to see if the problems reappear? Thanks. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.