SpywareBlaster. Browser Pages.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by habari42, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Haba,

No problem. We both learned from this thread and that is the purpose of this board. :)

Glad you figured it out. I suggest you use SpyStopper to guard your new settings. It's impressively effective. :D

Regards,

Pieter

2. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi habari42,

Glad you found a solution to the problem entries.

Following link is to the online SpyStopper help pages. Scroll down to the section entitled IE Settings. I believe this is the info you were looking for, although it sounds as if you already have it figured out anyway. :)

http://www.spyware-stopper.com/spystop/swshelp.shtm

3. habari42

habari42 Registered Member

Hi,Pieter. Well,I guess you can now have a well-earned rest from my problems!! I really appreciate the trouble you have taken and your quick responses and I have learnt a lot from our exchanges. One final query in this thread. It would seem that I downloaded SpywareStopper with the superwebsearch entries already locked in the browser settings or is that unlikely,as it would suggest that all SS downloads would be similarly corrupted?

Hi,Vietnam_Vet. Thanks for the link. I had Version 2.0 of the Help but have now downloaded Version 2.2 which has replaced it. Cheers, Haba. :D

4. Pieter_Arntz

My pleasure. :)

That seems the only logical explanation.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this. Could you elaborate?

Regards,

Pieter
    Pieter

5. habari42

Hi,Pieter.

quote]Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this. Could you elaborate?

I meant that if my download already had corrupted browser settings when I installed it,presumably anyone else's download would be the same. I assume that,normally,any settings would be default settings,and that "someone" had deliberately altered these particular settings at source and locked them. I don't see how it could have just "happened"in my case. Cheers, Haba.

6. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Haba,

I think the Superwebsearch was already there when you activated the "IE-lock" in SpywareStopper.

Regards,

Pieter

7. habari42

Hi,Adam. Sorry for the delay in responding. I would certainly have tried your suggestion if I hadn't come across the solution,more or less accidentally, as you can see in my more recent exchanges with Pieter. Thanks anyway. Cheers, Haba. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.