SpywareBlaster auto start?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by 0pium_Dealer, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0pium_Dealer

0pium_Dealer Registered Member

Hi

Just installed SB onto XP with SP2, using FF 1.0

Every thing seem to be running fine, all browsers recognised and downloaded updates. I just have one question at the moment,

Does SB auto start when you login? There's nothing showing in the system tray, and when I clicked the SB icon after login in, it says all protection is disabled.

TIA

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Once you have enabled or disabled the items of concern....you can then close SpywareBlaster down. It does not need to load or have a feature that loads it at start-up.

Having said that....what "SB icon"....are you speaking of ?

3. 0pium_Dealer

0pium_Dealer Registered Member

Thanks bubba, I got the jist of that when I minimised SpywareBlaster, and got a message saying I can close the application down and still be protected.

I just wasn't sure as there's nothing in the System Tray.... it's hard to know if the program is quietly running in the background, or it's been disabled by new spyware :D

As to the SB icon, that's the SpywareBlaster icon on my deaktop, a man with Brown hair, standing behind a shield....

BTW, Is there any way to check that the SpywareBlaster is working correctly?

I'm probable not the first to say this, and won't be the last too, but I've just installed this application, with no indication that it is running, and not even sure if it's running properly or installed properly, do you know of any safe testing site, where we can try out the software?

TIA

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As a new user you might find the below Spywareblaster FAQ link beneficial where it explains some ins\outs about the program....in particular....SpywareBlaster does not need to remain open for its protection to be active! Also....as with many programs....the help feature in Spywareblaster(the ? mark in upper right corner)....is full of useful info.

This link---> Javacool Software Knowledge Base

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.