Spywareblaster and Spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by eric0668, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric0668

eric0668 Registered Member

Hi and thanks in advance

First of all I got a new Samsung all in one Windows 8 computer

I installed Spywareguard...it worked fine, until I looked for an update. Then I got some error? error 5?

I was referred to Spyblaster..I installed it, not knowing the difference
    I have AVG free on, my Firewall always on, and biweekly run spybot and malewarebytes.

I suppose I could do what someone recommends. I was wondering if Spyareguard is available...I read it may NOT work on windows 8

And if not, couldn't I simply turn on the active part of spybot?

But the main problem is ever since installing Spywareblaster I am unable to goto a certain site

I called their support they reactivated my account
    Deleted cookies etc thru the browser
    Deleted them thru CCleaner and CleanUps
    Nothing worked, so restarted the computer.

Nothing worked, so I reset the browser, to no avail
    I remember once I installed it it asked me if I want to do a restore
    I said yes, but I am unable to find it...maybe not a typical restore
    But in either case I would prefer not to do that as there is a list of 5 drivers I installed that I would have to reinstall...including my SoundBlaster external sound card

I am hoping it has something to do with some kind of host file, which I cannot find

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Eric

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

SpywareGuard hasn't been updated in years, and for all practical purposes should probably be considered abandonware. There's lots of other good apps around, including a fair bit of freeware, which essentially duplicate its protection and which are still being actively developed and updated.

Sorry I can't help with your SpywareBlaster problem, hopefully JC will be along before long to help sort that out. Have you tried disabling all protection then re-enabling? Or possibly a clean reinstall (disable protection before uninstalling)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.