spywareblaster and Norton

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by onthelam, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onthelam

onthelam Registered Member

Has anyone heard of this?

I have been having problems connecting to the internetwith my norton firewall turned on. After spending hours trying to determine the casue and following the FAQ's on symantecs website it turns out that spyware blaster's most recent update conflicts with Norton.

Regards,
    www.onthelam.com

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i dont think ive heard of this but i hardly see how spyware blaster can affect ur internet connectivity. but if its rele a documented conflict then u have to choose between them.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If there is indeed a conflict, then there's always Spybot and other spyware detectors.. It would be more trouble to completely remove Norton I would think. Then again, there's no shortage of firewalls out there either... :)

4. onthelam

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i viewed the article and it mentioned adware but spyware blaster is the opposite. it helps protect u against adware and spyware. one other thing u can try tho, is to reinstall norton firewall.

6. onthelam

Thats why I like spyware blaster as it is a prevention tool rather than a removal tool. I think though I would frather live itout it rather then reinstall norton, do all the updates, change all my program access settings for Norton, and still end up with the same problem.

Thanks again for your comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.