Spywareblaster and Air America Radio

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by porkape, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porkape

porkape Registered Member

Hi all, i just installed spywareblaster and i frequent the KPOJ website to listen to Air Amrica Radio now when i try to listen to it my security settings wont allow active x and hence the audio-stream doesnt come in. How can i set up spywareblaster so it allows certain controls to run? Thanks

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

This is not because of SpywareBlaster. To fix your problem, you will need to go to (assuming you use IE) tools/internet options, then click the "security" tab. After that hit the "custom level" button and one of the first five settings will need to be changed for you to activate the active X you want.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I've removed your other post simply because this will fix that problem as well so it's kinda a duplicate post ;) Anyway, welcome to Wilders and let us know if you need any more help, or if this fails to "get ya fixed up!"

4. porkape

I tried enabling all the active x controls already in the IE options-security-custom level area and it still pops up the message saying that my security settings prohibit ActiveX. I guess I can add individual sites and allow them to come through fine using the trusted sites option under security but what about the sites i haven't visited yet. Basically I am trying to do 2 things here one, prevent that message from displaying and two, do i have to add sites within spywareblaster itself which need ActiveX? Thanks

5. porkape

Ok i got that damn annoying message to go away by simply resetting my privacy options under IE options but I still cant get to the radio stream on KPOJ's website. My settings for Spywareblaster are as follow, these are after updating definitions: Under IE protection I have both the boxes checked and under customize block list i have evrything checked; Under restricted sites i have the box checked and under cutomize block list all items checked as well; and under Tools I have the flash killer option checked. And that's all I have modified rest is untouched. Any tips on why that audio stream ain't comin thru and how to fix it will be appreciated. Thanks

6. porkape

well, i got it working. its not the KPOJ stream but another station WLIB, dont know why the other one aint workin (stupid computers). i had the live real audio stream as an internet link button in IE and all of a sudden it stopped working, after I installed Spyblaster, so i just found another stream that aint thru http://... instead its rtsp://...(real time streaming protocol) it works and all's well in the hood. peace out

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.