Spywareblaster and .207.net cookie

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Zeki, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeki

Zeki Registered Member

Hi all,

I am using the latest version of Spywarebalster 3.5.1. Although I have all protection labeled I was surprised that in a latest scan the *.207 cookie seems to have been loaded on to my PC.

Does anyone form Javacool Software, or other users, know how I can get rid of it. The quickest thing I could think of was to put into my restricted sites list under Internet Options? What do you all think about that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Assuming that you got rid of the 207.net cookie when you found it with the scanner, I think what you are asking is how to prevent it from being stored in the future. To prevent the storing of all third party (tracking) cookies in Internet Explorer:
    • Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > under "Settings" click "Advanced" > on the "Advanced Privacy Settings" screen > select "Override automatic cookie handling" > under "Third-party cookies" select "Block".

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If indeed you are speaking of 207.net....that entry is contained in Spywareblasters database and as such We need to take a closer look of why it was allowed given you say you had all protection enabled. Have you doublechecked that the 207.net entry is indeed checked ?

4. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Bubba:

207.net is not in the current database. The entry added to the registry is:

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\2o7.net]
    @=dword:00000005
    Note instead of 207.net it is entered as 2o7.net (lower case o instead of zero).

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Very true and a simple case of mistype on my part and I assume yourself also. Of course after a month of non-response....it's hopeful they figured it out by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.