SpywareBlaster 4.5 causing Firefox 9.0.1 to forget session settings?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bobbobsen, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbobsen

Bobbobsen Registered Member

Hi

Just as I installed the new SpywareBlaster version today Firefox started forgetting to 'show my windows and tabs from last time'. Just as I uninstalled SpywareBlaster again I stopped having this issue.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what might cause this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I'm not sure what you mean. I've just updated SpywareBlaster manually, I'm running Fx 9.0.1. Do you mean in the Menu - History? I am also running the Session Manager extension incidentally.

3. Bobbobsen

Hi

You find the quite self-explanatory "show my windows and tabs from last time" start up setting in Firefox: Options: General.

What happened when I had installed SpywareBlaster was that Firefox seemed to forget this this setting as Firefox would start up using my start page instead.
    It was solved as soon as I uninstalled SpywareBlaster.

I also use the Session Manager extension. So I used it to restore my previous session in order to return my tabs.

4. Daveski17

OK thanks for explaining. I've tried changing to "show my windows and tabs from last time" & back to my homepage & everything seems OK.

Are you using Fx 9.0.1?

5. Bobbobsen

Problem solved!

I installed SpywareBlaster again today, and there is no issue this time.
    I guess the problem was not related to SpywareBlaster at all, but due to the fact that the Firefox process didn't shut down properly at the time (when closing the window, process must have still been running). I expect this problem to be related to a (poorly written) extension I was trying out at the time. I have stopped using the extension since it made Firefox use up to 900 mb of memory at times.

Thanks for your time and interest. ;)

6. Daveski17

You're welcome. I'm glad you fixed it. Just out of interest, what extension was it?

7. Bobbobsen

It's called HyperTranslate.
    I like it, but I have to keep it disabled until the bug gets fixed, hopefully it will.

8. Daveski17

OK, thanks for the reply. I've never used it, so I have no knowledge how it would affect me. From comments about it, it seems to have some memory usage problems.

9. Bobbobsen

Yea, I have been reading the comments. But from what I have read from the developer he busy with school I think, so patience is a virtue :p

10. Daveski17

At least Firefox extensions are usually up to date. SeaMonkey extensions are getting so behind that the SM Council is making SM 2.7 onwards universally compatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.