SpywareBlaster 4.4 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Threatfire 4.1 conflicts with Spywareblaster but use the latest and you should be fine as far as I am aware.

2. blancheirving

blancheirving Registered Member

Following up on my earlier post #23:
    Given suggestion (b) above - which goes counter to the instructions you read as you proceed with a 'standard' upgrade - I retried getting v4.4 to work. I'd had two freeze-ridden failures (not of the install, but of the manual update feature). This time I also opted for the second-listed server to obtain the v4.4 installer, rather than MajorGeeks' server.

It's not that I could know whether any of this produced today's success. Just suggesting, in case anyone else encounters the freezes etc. that I did a few days ago.

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hey Javacool,

I forgot to say a big Thank You.
    I did a clean install as usual.
    All fine on XP-home SP3, IE6.

:thumb:

4. progress

progress Guest

+1 :thumb:

5. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

None whatsoever over here...

6. BlueSmoke

BlueSmoke Registered Member

Hi,

Since the release of 4.4 and the latest database update I have a problem with the update. I updated to 4.4 when it was released. I then updated the database to the one from the 12.09.2010, so far so good.
    I regulary check for updates and whenever I now try to update the database I get an older version from august with 13835 items instead of the one from 12.09.2010 with 13865 items. I than manualy deleted the "new old" database and re-updated to 12.09.2010 and it stayed for the time of the old session. After restarting the computer and checking for updates the update brings up the old database from august with less entries again.

It apears that there is something wrong either with the latest database or the latest release.

Regards

7. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

+ another :thumb:

Fixed and explanation.. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=282253

No probs here with install or db update
    :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  8. BlueSmoke

BlueSmoke Registered Member

Thanks Longboard,

It works now as expected.

Regards

BlueSmoke

9. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Do not know if was already asked but it works with IE9? In the same way that works with IE8?

10. Yaara

Yaara Registered Member

SB Doesn't recognize an installation of Firefox, even after reinstalling SB. What's the problem?

11. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

12. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

I don't understand why they wouldn't include support for Chromium based browsers.o_O

13. Dustyn

Dustyn Registered Member

What about Opera? :D
    It's been in existence FAR FAR longer than Chrome. Back in the day where you had to PAY for it.

14. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I felt more secure and has a bit of "peace of mind" having this program in my pc. It protects without demands and it's there sitting silently. ;)

Many tnx for making this protection program. :thumb:

I have only one question here. Are the update in limited acct only available for auto-updates? ..Coz I don't have auto-update, and everytime I manually update my spywareblaster I have to go to admin acct just to update it. I couldn't manually update it while on limited acct surfing the web.

15. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's okay if you use Internet Explorer. Otherwise, it's not.

16. mert2u

mert2u Registered Member

I have Spyware Blaster v. 4.4, and would like to purchase automatic updates for one computer ($9.95), but the order form will not accept "Frederick" as a valid city name, and Frederick, OK is where I live. What to do?:doubt:

17. jarby

jarby Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster 4.4 won't work!?

I've been using SpywareBlaster for years! I did the usual update, which is usually an 'over the top', but this time I can't get it to even run.

I have my computer to prompt when a program is trying to run and I choose whether to allow it or not.

Next, I did a clean re-install. I deleted SWB and re-installed it.

I still get the prompt when trying to run the program. The computer thinks for a moment and that's it.
    I can't even get the program to launch.

I'm running Windows 7. Have Malware Bytes and CCleaner as my other programs.

Could someone help me out and if you need more info, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.