SpywareBlaster 4.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tywysog

Tywysog Registered Member

I have followed the Javacool Software Spyware Blaster links to download with free auto update if you sign up for one of the offers via trial pay. I have signed up but there is no link to download Spyware Blaster.Help Please.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

You should receive an e-mail from TrialPay with a link to your license information and downloads after offer completion / purchase.

If you haven't, please contact TrialPay support and mention that you've completed an offer but haven't received the completion e-mail yet: https://www.trialpay.com/support/ They should be able to get everything fixed up in no time. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Figgy

Figgy Registered Member

I have been getting a corrupt file while trying to download Ver 4.2.

I have tried all sites numerous times.

4. wickwire

wickwire Registered Member

I am having the same problem as mgroeger. I uninstalled my old version, downloaded the new 4.2 (from 3 different site), went through the install but get nothing other than an hour glass that goes away upon launch. I am runnung WinXP pro 32bit SP3, IE 6 SP3, AVG free 8.5, windows firewall. (have disabled avg and firewall = no help) Tempfiles.cookies and java all cleared.
    Windows shows it as installed but I get no control box open. I ran avg, SpybotS&D and the online Kaspersky scans with only a couple tracking cookies found.
    I'm a computer repair tech with 30+ yrs experience and I'm out of ideas.

5. RhondaLea

RhondaLea Registered Member

Would it be possible to modify this in the next iteration to offer an option such that it updates only once each day?

I've had to shut off autoupdates on account of SpywareBlaster's insistence on connecting to the update server at each reboot. I'm sure there are those who love this feature, but for me it is just a huge pain.

Thanks.

6. kmw8588

kmw8588 Registered Member

I am wary of downloading programs from the internet. Is SpywareBlaster available on CD so I can load it myself?

7. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@ kmw8588: Hello;
    No.1:
    Correct: cautious approach:Good for you.
    Check for spoofed site as you should.
    However, do some research on the source and the tool :)
    I doubt you will find any of the 12 MILLION+ downloads from the linked sites/mirrors to have been compromised.
    http://majorgeeks.com/SpywareBlaster_d2859.html
    Personally, never had an issue with d/l from any of the mirrors
    Downloading the binary.exe does not represent a threat per-se: scan it with whatever you want, and if happy then execute.
    This particular tool is a highly recommended addition to your box.

No2:This is a biggie:
    Executing some/any suspected malware from CD is, putting it mildly: highly dangerous and not recommened !!
    You need to be very sure about the legitimacy of any executable from any source.
    If you aren't sure dont run it !!

If you have any other specific questions post in the appropriate forum.
    Regards.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

9. gray wolf

gray wolf Registered Member

Thanks, Big Guy!

GW

10. swak8888

swak8888 Registered Member

I have reinstalled this software several times and keep getting same error message...Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author. Need help fixing this.

11. bulajap

bulajap Registered Member

Hi...

Under the SPywareblaster "tools" ...."misc. IE settings" ... there is Internet Explorer restrictions... and then "disable the IE homepage settings area in the internet tools control panel"

by checking this box does it prevent browser hijacking or is browser hijacking protection somewhere elese in the Spywareblaster interface?

Is it a good idea to check the box to disable the IE homepage settings area in the internet tools control panel? Just what this this do?

thanks

Joe

12. GB34

GB34 Registered Member

Are you aware that every time Firefox 3.6 starts up it disables the Firefox protections o_O
    GB34

13. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Do you have "Site Preferences" checked in Firefox's settings for clearing its history? If so that is what is disabling Spywareblaster's protections for Firefox. Untick the box for "Site Preferences" in Firefox if it is checked.

14. GB34

GB34 Registered Member

You solved the problem. The 'Clear history when Firefox closes' box in the Privacy Tab was checked. Thank you. :) :)

15. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

You can leave the "Clear History When Firefox Closes" box checked if you want. Just uncheck the box that says "Site Preferences" that is within the clear history settings.

16. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.