SpywareBlaster 4.0 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugga

Bugga Registered Member

Thanks.

Spyboy have posted a fix.

Cheers

2. toxrtp

toxrtp Registered Member

All of my computers suddenly started having problems opening Spywareblaster 4.0 since yesterday. When I open the application, as it loads the database, a window appears saying "Error: Access violation at 0x005F71FC (tried to read from 0x08330030), program terminated. When you click "OK" (no other choice) Spywareblaster closes.

Anyone know what I should do? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but still have the same problem on all 3 family computers.

3. Teme-84

Teme-84 Registered Member

I'm just wondering why the problem was related to Spybot? o_O Well I updated my Spybot and now there's no errors in SpywareBlaster anymore.

EDIT Answer found..

4. born4him

born4him Registered Member

I am very confused by this spyware blaster as I have had spyware programs before but, there does not seem to be a place on it to run a scan? so how does this protect or let you know if there is or was a problem?

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

6. bknight

bknight Registered Member

I have a small suggestion for future releases. On an update, if one uses the previous version, put in a notice that a newer version exists. The previos one crashed 2-3 times, and I checked this site to find a new version, case solved.

7. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Registered Member

I just installed 4.0 from the link provided by Javacool. How long should it take to "Enable all protection" for SB? Its been about 5 minutes and I think it froze because it won't maximize. Has any1 had this problem?

I'm running Windows XP SP2. I currently have McAfee and Spysweeper installed.

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

could be a Spysweeper issue,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=113841

snowbound

9. eagle one

eagle one Registered Member

Howdy! This is the very first time I have done something like this. I am having a problem with SPYWAREBLASTER v4.0. I have windows xp pro, AVG free, zone alarm, windows defender, IE7, and Firefox. I uninstalled spywareblaster v3.5.1, then installed v4.0. When I try to enable protection, I get an error message which says "Access violation at 0x005F71FC (tried to read from 0x05140344), program terminated". I have since tried a fresh install of v4.0, but get nearly the same error msg (the 2nd group of numbers change). I am a beginner with computers. I have absolutely no idea what the error msg means. Can anyone please help?

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

11. iddoojea

iddoojea Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster 4.0 released! - Having HELP file translated

I have a suggestion to do: Why not having SpywareBlaster HELP file (sbhelp.chm) translated to several languages?

I offer myself to make the Spanish language translation job for free.

Send me a PM to tell if it is a good idea or not.

I can do it from begining (source edit, compile, check, etc.).

12. idd00jea

idd00jea Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 4.x Suggestions / Wishlist

Why not having a HELP file (*.chm) translated to several laguages ?.

I can do the translation for Spanish language if you think it will help.

:D

13. Baldy

Baldy Registered Member

Nice,
    only, maybe you know how on with manual updates?
    The manual updates for previous halted after 3 of the 7 files were downed..
    i suppose that list is outdated now (would be clever to have the Wilders doc concerning the manual update, updated too :)
    HooHoo.

14. lakrsrool

lakrsrool Registered Member

I have installed Firefox browser (FF) subsequently then done an update with SpywareBlaster 4.0.

In the past using Internet Explorer 6 (IE) and doing an update the SpywareBlaster program would stay open and I could then after the update click on the status link to "disable" an item that I have to have. (it would be nice if SpywareBlaster would have an exception list for those items one does not want to enable but instead there is only the link to enable all items but that is another story).

There reason for this post however is:
    In the case of doing an update for SpywareBlaster 4.0 after I installed the FF web browser the SpywareBlaster program closed itself after the update (presumably), which it never did when I only used IE6.

I hope this is just a glitch that won't happen again because I need SpywareBlaster to stay running and open after an update so I can then disable the item I need to (now in both IE and FF) after the update without needing to launch SpywareBlaster 4.0 all over again to do this. o_O

It would also be nice to stay open to just check the status after the update is finished.

Does anyone know if this a problem or maybe this just won't happen again on the next update I do. I am hoping this is not the way SpywaseBlaster will work now that Firefox has been installed.

15. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster has a Permanent Ignore List which is likely exactly what you're looking for. :)

It is available by browsing to one of the SpywareBlaster protection sections (i.e. Internet Explorer, Restricted Sites, Mozilla Firefox) and right-clicking on an item in the Block List.

More information: https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/su...dgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=37&nav=0,4

You likely encountered a small bug in the current version of SpywareBlaster that can cause a program crash in a few rare instances.

Could you please e-mail me at bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com ?
    In your e-mail, please include:
    -A link to this thread (and a brief summary of your problem)
    -Your username on these forums

I have a debug build I'd like to send you, which should help track down the problem.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

16. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.