SpywareBlaster 3.x Suggestions / Wishlist

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gues'd

Gues'd Guest

Re: SpywareBlaster 3.x Suggestions / Wishlist / Sugesstions

I'm just adding to this list..

1. Protection againts JavaScript, Java, Flash, Active X, ect, ect (Whitelist ALL Plugins in browser for only trusted sites;block for untrusted sites) Similar to Firefox's extension Noscript. :)

2. Ad blocking/filtering and Custom blocking- websites, advertisements, web bugs, ect, ect. (Similar to Firefox's extension Adblock. :)

3. Rootkit protection.

4. SpywareBlaster & SpywareGuard integrated. Not so sure... if it would work but sounds good.

5. Feedback center; Send feedback. simple as that.

2. LTDVision

LTDVision Registered Member

Hello. I'm a Spybot S&D user. They, Mr. Kolla and his staff recommended downloading SpyWare Blaster. It works great! I tried to get the auto update feature; however have not succeeded. My suggestion is for newbies, like myself, who need simple, detailed instruction(s). Don't know what a lot of stuff means, ya know? Also suggest helps for those who have vision problems. Thank you. LTDVision.

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

can you please add some more things to firefox protection??

all the updates are for restricted sites and IE but never firefox.

5. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Spywareblaster P2P idea

As spywareblaster blocks spyware from internet explorer and cookies from firefox.

Could it have a feature that blocks spyware from P2P like emule, limewire etc....

as well will it block from opera in the upcoming versions?

6. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Please Please Please...

Netscape 8 support!!!!!

Thanks, Jeremy :D

7. notbob

notbob Registered Member

hello, Have been using spywareblaster for a while without any problems I guess. As a suggestion, I'd just wish there was someway to tell how well spywareblaster is actually working!

8. chaos16

Could it have a feature that blocks spyware from P2P like emule, limewire etc....

9. I am a Brazilian user of SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard. I'd like both softwares to have a multilanguage interface. It would make things easier for non english speakers. I'd be happy to translate those softwares to portuguese.

My email is [COLOR=Blue]Removed[/COLOR] to prevent harvesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005
  10. Another issue. The page http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sglist.html that should show the SG List of Detected Spyware shows:

"Whoops! We can't find that page.

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Quick Links:
    SpywareBlaster
    Javacool Software Home"

11. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Arthur,

Might be best to edit out your email addy so the Harvesters and or Spambots don't find it. ;) :D

snowbound

12. MCT

MCT Registered Member

hey, i havent posted in along while, but im still fond of spyware blaster & reccommend it every chance i get!

id like 2 know if spyware blaster 3.5 (or whatever next version is) will have a GUI like EULAlyzer ?

13. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

We'll have to see, but your vote is noted. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

14. Nice thing this email protection. I have so much spam in this mail that I just don't care about it anymore. Furthermore, it has a great spam protection.

Thanks;
    arthurgouveia at yahoo.com

15. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hello Javacool -

Spywareblaster just keeps getting better. By now you have it down so well that you probably yearn for a good programming challenge, right?

My idea is regards an additional feature to the hosts safe to help protect the hosts file function. I don't know if this is feasable, or even if it is already done, but I was thinking that a natural compliment to the hosts safe would be a tool that notifies the user when a change has been made to the hosts file. I realize that this condition is easily checked manually, but really, when is the last time anyone has done that. Besides, this just the sort of monotonous chore that is better performed by the computer.

I could imagine many ways to accomplish this involving different commitments of resources and different levels of protection.

The simplest and least protective would be simply printing a line on the protection screen, or the tools screen, or wherever a user would see it in the program interface. a problem here, of course, is that one may not use the interface much.

Other ways seem like they would be possible, maybe creating a registry key that would store the current update info, and check it for change during boot up, or execution of the brower.

Maybe its just that I am oblivious, but it seems to me I have gone for long periods of time were my hosts file was either deleted, or screwed up and I never knew.

You could say that Spybots provides some protection here, but I would not consider it likely to help much. Something where a warning is explicitly displayed would be more to my liking.

Anyway, it's just a thought...

-HandsOff

16. John_2005

John_2005 Guest

what a brilliant program - it integrates so well with other software like Spybot and doesn't cause problems - just does what it says on the tin. Have only been using 3.4 for about 2 months but support for alt browsers would be cool such as netscape, opera, deepnet, etc

keep up the good work ! :)

John

17. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I know this has been said before, but I can't stress enough how important it is to have password protection on SB. I've had countless times where the uglies undo the protection settings. :D

18. briflan

briflan Registered Member

"Unexpected Error" suggestion

I searched this thread for "Unexpexted Error" and found nothing, so I'm posting this ssuggestion. (edit: oops! I had mis-spelled "unexpected")

I had the same problem as other users, i.e. "Unexpected Error" with no other information when attempting to start any of these JavaCool products: SpywareBlaster v3.4, DocScrubber v1.1, EULayzer v1.0, and ID Blaster Plus v2.0. The only hint I got was when running EULAyzer in Windows Safe Mode, at which time I received Runtime Error 5003. After downloading and running vbrun60sp5.exe as suggested in this forum, my C:\Windows\System\msvbvm60.dll file remained unchanged, however, aditional Visual Basic6 Runtime files were installed, and all the JavaCool products except SpyBlaster began working immediately. After I quit my web connection and web browser, SpyBlaster v3.4 also worked.

If the unexpected error message, with no additional information, is a common occurence with JavaCool products, I suggest that JavaCool installer programs check for the existence of these required files, and file versions if necessary, and then notify the user of the potential problem, along with a link to the required files, with a caveat that Microsoft may have moved the link and that the user may have to search the Microsoft database for the required files themselves.

I don't know how to do such a system check, but I will make suggestions anyway! One way, is to search the text file output of the relevant user system files for the required version information text strings. A better way might be for the installer program to run a little sub-program that uses the required files, and perhaps also uses the required mscomctl.ocx file that JavaCool users have been missing. Then the installer program tests the output of this small subprogram. If the ouput is unsuccessfull, a warning is issued.

My system is Win98 original edition with 98Lite "Chubby" shell (i.e. no webview features) and with MSIE seperated from the Win98 shell. Windows Update Service Packs were applied subsequent to the 98Lite shell modification, but before installing any Javacool products. I have MSIE6 SP1, Outlook Express6, and WMP v7.1 (note that JavaCool's WMP Scripting Fix v1.0 worked previous to the vbrun60sp5.exe installation). Furthermore, Visual Basic Scripting Components were already installed, and no additional installtion or un-installation of these components was allowed using the following method: Win98 Control Panel--Add/Remove Programs--Microsoft Internet Explorer SP1 and Internet Tools--Add a componet--Web authoring Components--Visual Basic Scripting Support. Visual Basic Scripting Components did not have a seperate entry in Add/Remove Programs. The only other problem I'm having with my computer right now is that Outlook Express doesn't start due to "Unable to load MSOE.dll" (I mention this not for advice but in case it's realted).

Thanks for these GREAT products!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  19. chaos16

Firefox Pics

U know in spywareblaster for the protection it got a picture of the Internet Explorer Icon well could it have the picture of the firefox Icon coz it only has a picture of flames

20. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I would like to see support for Opera too....

21. llauro

llauro Registered Member

I support too those who has asked for the SpywareBlaster program to have multilanguage support.

Perhaps the better way was to have a *.lng or something like this easily editable, then people could contribute translating the program to their native language.

I could help translating to spanish, e.g.

I know many spanish people that simply don't use your program cause it is in english and don't know how to operate it :(

22. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

able to have protection enabled for all users on a multi user computer

23. Zagor

Zagor Registered Member

More Firefox support please...to be perfect!!!

More Firefox support please...to be perfect!!!

24. mikbhoy

mikbhoy Registered Member

support for xp 64bit.

25. guy

guy Guest

Hi,

Are you guys going to add support for Opera as well? How about AOL Browser too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.