SpywareBlaster 3.51

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ruth, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruth

Ruth Registered Member

Have the current update but it is showing on main panel that there is :
    1892 items have protection disabled in the Restricted sites.

I went in and checked all these items by hand then enabled protection, it then removed all the checks an there were all unprotected once again. (I first tried the normal method of enabling protection to no avail.)

I have no other sw running besides my F-Prot, IEClean, BoClean, Kpf, SpywareGuard, Proxomitron. I do have Spybot-SD, but I run it manually.
    I am running Win98SE

The SpywareBlaster database is from 2/04/06

Any suggestions as to how to get these enabled protected?
    Is this a bug? Had no probs with last version.

TYIA,

Ruth

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Ruth,

I see where you mention all the "sw running" and it may be a coincidence given those "1892 items" but I am curious if you also use a program called IE-Spyad ? Also just by chance you left it out do you use a program called Spysweeper ?

Regards,
    Bubba

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  3. Ruth

Ruth Registered Member

Hi, ty for replying,

No, I don't use either IE-Spyad or Spysweeper. I do have in addition to the progs I mentioned, Wormguard, and MRU-Blaster but mru-blaster is set only to run manually. SpyBot-SD is also set to run manually as well.

I have not had this problem until i installed the new version of SpywareBlaster.

Regards,

Ruth

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

MRU-Blaster definetly will not cause this problem. Spybot's Immunization can interact negatively with Spywareblaster if you remove Spybot's Immunization protection. However....even if you did....it will not show all "1892 items" have protection disabled in Spywareblaster.

There is always a first time for everything but we have definetly not seen any problems from this latest version or previous versions for that matter concerning the enability of Spywareblaster to enable the Restricted Sites protection except by the intervention of other programs the user has in place.

In case wormguard is the culprit have you attempted to temporarily disable it's protection to see what if anything happens ?

When you actually place a check mark into the Restrict the actions of ad / tracking / potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer box....do you see a green progress bar as it's enabling the protection ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  5. Ruth

Ruth Registered Member

With wg still enabled I opened spywareblaster let it load, saw progress graph, amd then it shows IE an FF items as 0 items protection disabled. only the restricted sites shows that it is enabled on the lt side of screen but on rt side of screen it shows there is 1892 items with protection disabled. then i clicked on enable all protections, it loads(see gr graph) but then it still show those 1892 items as protection disabled.

I then opened restricted sites, and chose 3 of the items an checked them, then clicked on enable protection, Green graphs shows an runs, when finished, the checks have been removed from the 3 items once again an are shown as protection disabled.

Next, after disabling WG, I repeated the same steps as above an got the same results as above.

TY,
    Ruth

6. Ruth

Ruth Registered Member

Humm, slightly embarrased here , did a file search an it does appear that I do indeed have IE-Spyad installed (I forgot about that 1), sorry!

Is this the problem? I just went to site for IE-Spyad and it states there is a large lap-over on this with spywareblaster an 2 other progs as well.

I guess next question is: does IE-Spyad cover all the same sites as Spywareblaster?

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No problem but I can assure you I was on the verge of hollering Uncle :eek:

Well in a way only you can confirm that :doubt:

Since you have IE-Spyad one of the only ways these symptoms you describe can occur is if you are using IE-SPYAD2 and not the IE-SPYAD (original) ?

With the IE-Spyad2 version this will affect not only a user manually adding sites themselves but will affect programs such as Spywareblaster.

Yes....and approx 18,000 more ;)

8. Ruth

Ruth Registered Member

ok, I checked the file folder for IE-Spyad and it says it is Ie-Spyad and not IE-spyad2. I uninstalled it with it's uninstaller bat file.

Then I opened Spywareblaster, loaded and it now shows all, IE, Restricted, & FF, all as enabled on the Lt side of panel also all 3 items on Rt of panel as : 0 items have protection disabled.

So maybe IE-Spyad also causes an ill effect to SpywareBlaster.

Tyvm for your help an patience

Ruth

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There is no maybe....regardless of which version of IE-Spyad you install as noted in the read-me file contained in the program download.

You are very Welcome ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.