SpywareBlaster 3.4 Uninstall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by persistant, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persistant

persistant Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 3.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Day to All,

I want to uninstall SpywareBalster 3.4 before upgrading to the latest version, 3.5.1. The first step is, 1.) Open SpywareBlaster and press the "Disable All Protection" link under "Quick Tasks".

I see NO "Quick Tasks" heading to "Disable All Protection" so I can not follow this first instruction.

After I open 'Add or Remove Programs' and when I press the remove button with the 3.4 version open a window comes up." ERROR X The uninstall log file C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\Unins000.dat"is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller. Can not uninstall."

Please, can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks to all.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

just to confirm when u open the SWB interface you don't see the QuickTasks section at the bottom as seen in the screenshot below?

Attached Files:

3. persistant

Yes, that is correct. What presently is in that space is a caution symbol with Database Error beside it.
    Below this says,"The Spyware Database may be corrupted or missing. Click on the link below to Check for Updates and download the latest database."

When I follow that link it leads me to updating to the new 3.5.1 version.

Thank you for your help.

4. snowbound

Ok, as it is advised that the protection be disabled before uninstalling, i would try reinstalling overtop the old version u have too see if this will remedy the missing section so u can uninstall the proper way.

snowbound

5. persistant

Thanks Snowbound, I'll give that a try and let you know what happens.

6. snowbound

You're welcome and please do. :)

snowbound

7. persistant

Thank you Snowbound, you've made my day in a very good way. Your help has given me confidence to build on.

After record snow this winter in Western Canada I look forward to being Sunbound in a few months.

Thanks again and stay warm!

8. snowbound

Again, your'e quite welcome. Were u successful with the above issue(reinstall, uninstall)?

I also look forward to a little warmth as we're freezing our butts off right now in Toronto.... ;) :D

snowbound

9. persistant

Yes Snowbound, the procedure you suggested was a success, thank you very much for your help .

This winter, my 14 year old dog is enjoying his gift of a lined jacket when he's outside in the cold!

It's good to be warm.

10. snowbound

Ah, good to see. :thumb:

Yes good for your dog and us humans too. :cool:

BTW, welcome to Wilders and enjoy your stay. :)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.