SpywareBlaster 3.3 update: Error downloading file

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mizzouece, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mizzouece

mizzouece Guest

History: I was using version 3.2 on my WinXP/SP2 hosts without any problems. I downloaded version 3.3, uninstalled version 3.2, installed version 3.3.

Now that version 3.3 is installed, general users (users who are not administrators or power users) cannot download protection updates. When a general user clicks on the "Download Latest Protection Updates" link, and then on the "Check for Updates" button, the user immediately gets an error dialog whose title bar reads "Error downloading file" and whose message area reads: "Cannot write file to disk. Error 75: Path/File access error."

FWIW, I installed version 3.3 on three different WinXP/SP2 hosts, and on all three hosts I get the same error behavior: general users get the error dialog when they try to download protection updates. (FWIW, administrator users can download and install protection updates...)

Is this an intentional "design feature" or a bug? Tia...

Jim

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

More of a design feature....and not necessarily to do with Spywareblaster. Users need to have write privlegies for various software programs to interact properly. If anything I'd call this a Windows issue by design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.