SpywareBlaster 3.3 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

SaltShaker,

Did you:

Upgrade Instructions

It is recommended that you uninstall your current version of SpywareBlaster before installing the new version. To do this:

1.) Open SpywareBlaster and press the "Disable All Protection" link under "Quick Tasks".
    2.) Close SpywareBlaster.
    3.) Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the entry named "SpywareBlaster v3.2"
    4.) Download the latest SpywareBlaster installer from the link above and run it.
    5.) Enjoy the new version of SpywareBlaster!

2. snoopius

snoopius Guest

Beautiful. Thanks for the great product, Javacool.

3. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Usually a "code 5" indicates, 'Permission denied'. Try downloading to YOUR Desktop, or %TEMP%. My %TEMP% "points" to "C:\TEMP".

Mike

4. jakebarnes

jakebarnes Registered Member

Quick question - the install instructions for 3.3 suggest that all protections from old build be disabled before prgm is uninstalled. I did not do this. I just uninstalled & reinstalled 3.3 - with 3449 items in data base. Will I experience any problems & should I take some aditional actions re: the old protection data?
    Jake

5. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Thanks for the great product.

Just finished the install. Updated over the top of 3.2, zero problems, smooth as silk! Then read the instructions, OOPS! :D

OK why not, did it again following instructions, no problems. Works both ways. :cool:

6. Johkaz

Johkaz Registered Member

Hi,

Could i just say that i have just downloaded and finally got installed the new product.
    I followed the instructions, and un-installed the old version of Spyware Blaster.
    Then i installed the new version, but it got to the point below and i could not go any further.
    Because these files it said were corrupted:

sbdatabase.dtb
    sbdatabase2.dtb
    sbinfo.dtb
    ckdatabase.dtb
    rsdatabase.dtb

I tried to install twice following the instructions about do not choose 'Ignore'.
    But, i could not get it to install.
    Even after removing the Spyware folder from Program Files, and trying again all i got was the same as above.
    I then tried a third time, and each time i got to the file, i chose Ignore, and this time it installed ok.
    I then did an update and the files above were installed for me, and the program settled down.

Thanks for an excellent product.

btw.
    I am using a Dual-Boot system of Windows 98SE and Windows XP Pro.
    The installs above were from my backup drive partition (E) into my XP partition (D).

7. jbeau

jbeau Registered Member

Maybe you should read my post before you brag so much about this program. and fyi if you actually bother to test this product thoroughly you will be surprised!
    Ever hear of 1998 spyware entries undectected by SpywareBlaster and Spyware Guard.
    These 2 programs are to be used together per Javacool! Note also in my post there is NO response from AMYONE in regards to this issue,and PLEASE dom't try to tell me that a HOSTS FILE is not important, because if you do... nuff said!! TRY a test run with a 15 day free trial (it works)STOPZILLA is a REAL program that actually works!!!

8. jbeau

jbeau Registered Member

Excellent quote! It is refreshing to read a post from someone who actually knows what they are talking about!
    I have used both SB And SG per JC recommendations for over the years and finally decided to put them to the real test.
    I ran StopZilla ( will copy you the 1900 plus registry entries that were removed that SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster Missed if you want to see them) ( Ad-Awatch Ad-AwarePlus se Personal missed them also. Please note this is one of the FEW programs that offer a trial period that really WORK!!

9. teeezur

teeezur Registered Member

I never had any problems with ver 3.2 updating thru a proxy with the options set to "Use the system connection/proxy settings." In ver 3.3, I am no longer able to update with this setting checked. Instead I have to manually enter the proxy:port in the "Use the proxy below: (address:port)" setting.

Is this a bug?

10. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Mine does not show those slight visual defects:

Attached Files:

11. marcelj

marcelj Registered Member

Hi,

I've got XP-Pro sp2 and W2K-Pro sp4 on my PC and in both I have Spywareblaster 3.2 running. In both OSses I decided to upgrade. In XP no problem, and I can also use the "check for update" option.
    In 2K no problems during upgrading (disable/uninstall/install), but when I tried the "check for update" I got the error-message as shown in my attachment.
    Went back to 3.2, no problem checking for updates, tried 3.3 again, not possible to use the update-option.
    Any ideas?
    Probably I can bypass the problem by updating in WXP and then copying the DB-files to W2K, but that would be a workaround, not a solution.

Regards,
    Marcel

Attached Files:

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

First thing I noticed was that these applications don't "dectect" nor "detect" anything - they prevent :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  13. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thanks once more Javacool. :) Very nice product.

14. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Registered Member

Let's big it up for Javacool. SpywareBlaster is an awesome piece of free software.

Well done guys. :cool:

15. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

@ VaMPiRiC_CRoW - Maybe the problem with the colours is due to the high resolution? I've got SB on a Win 98 system, resolution 1024x768 32bit, latest graphics card (nVidia) drivers, and the blue shades seem to fade/blend nicely into each other. :)

@ JRosenfeld - Sorry for asking, but what's this alert about Internet Explorer in the SB window? o_O Never seen anything like that before. :p

16. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster checks these settings in the Internet Zone of IE and warns if they are set too low.

Attached Files:

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This is a problem of resizing...

It's a common problem in some programs, and when I've this problem, I report that to the developers and they fix it...

On my laptop I've to use this configuration, because is the best for my screen...

18. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Excellent work Javacool. :D

You are truly an inspiration to many of us, and I hope you continue the excellent work for many ongoing years.

I do however have some concerns to go over with yea sometime in the near future.

I’m curious, and you do know you don’t need to answer this question, but I noticed your database is encrypted, does this mean you don’t take part in sharing your database with other developers?

19. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the update. I happened to grab the new file today before I saw your post, but keep up the good work.

I always turn ppl on to your product that do not know about it, and they all love it. Keep up the good work! :D

20. axemann

axemann Registered Member

Job well done JC! Excellent program!

The only "gripe" I guess I have is the removal of the silent install option in 3.3

I make and keep up-to-date a copy of XP that when/if I need to re-install, it automatically installs the "basic" programs that I use or need on my system when I first install Windows (i.e. Adobe Reader, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, etc...) I'd like to update my disc to include SB, but w/o the silent install option, it makes that part of the setup poop the bed. :(

Just a minor inconvenience, but otherwise a kick-a program! :D

Keep up the good work!

-Ben

21. jole

jole Guest

I've tried all 4 links to dwn ld the new spyblaster 3.3 and receive the same error everytime. "The setup files are corrupt. Plz obtain a new copy of program." I would like to dwn ld the new version of spyblaster 3.3 and see how well it does, so, any help u can offer is greatly appreciated. I felt confident with 3.2 version.
    ty,
    jole

22. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I have just downloaded and installed the new 3.3 version. It tells me that my autoupdate name/key is not valid. o_O I still have a few months on the subscription I am sure. I also have the email I was sent with registration details. Can you help me get this resolved please? :)

23. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please see the following knowledgebase article: http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/16/021/article/

Best regards,

-Javacool

24. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please give the download link on this page a try: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spywareblaster.html

Let me know if that works. :) (Also you should probably disable any download managers/accelerators you may be using - they could be interfering with the download.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

25. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

It is done. Thank you for a very quick response Javacool. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.